* This company is specifically seeking candidates with U.S. military experience *
What You Will Do:
- Creates and manages to an operational budget for assigned departments.
- Manages conversion process improvements of a limited scope, utilizing PPI, 5S, Lean, and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Creates work center performance goals and leads each work center and each individual towards achieving those goals using employee participation. Manages individual performance to ensure achievement of goals.
- Prepares and delivers full performance evaluations for all direct reports.
- Identifies and provides developmental opportunities for high potential employees. Regularly meets with employees and assists with the creation of individual development plans.
- Provides continuous coaching to all employees for the purpose of improving their job skills and professional behaviors.
- Makes technical and business risk decisions under real-time pressure.
- Has accountability for department operations when Senior Management is not on site.
- Ensures department is operating within company policies and procedures.
- Acts as subject matter expert during customer and regulatory agency audits.
- Responds to internal and external audit observations and identifies and implements appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
- Interacts with diverse internal functional groups to solve moderately complex problems.
- Initiates investigations into process failures, product failures, and safety incidents, and identifies and implements appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
- Interviews/hires manufacturing technicians.
Education and Work Requirements:
- US Military experience required
- Degree required (Military Academy preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years greater than 100+ soldiers; 3-5 years leading teams greater than 50 people
Title: Sr Manager, Manufacturing
Location: Grand Island NY
Client Job ID: 1586231