Title: Sr. Director, Talent, Innovation & Culture
Location: Pasadena, CA
Lucas Group Job ID: 1574160
Role Overview: The Sr. Director, Talent, Innovation & Culture will have responsibilities including the following: Talent Acquisition, Learning & Organizational Development, Succession Planning and Performance Management.
The role will focus on developing and refining talent management strategies for the organization's various business units driving high performing teams, career, leadership, and business knowledge development, succession planning, inclusion, engagement, and culture. The goal of the role is to progress holistic talent management, culture, and talent development.
- Evaluate, develop, and implement Talent Management strategies and programs (i.e. core values and culture, performance management, talent reviews, succession planning, learning and development, employee engagement measurement and action, feedback, and calibration)
- Lead, manage and develop the talent acquisition team, building out the team to achieve the company's recruiting priorities and driving a high level of performance
Responsible for the management of the recruitment life cycle process from sourcing strategy through final selection of candidates, working as liaison between hiring managers, HR team, agencies, search firms and candidate
- Lead the development and execution of the culture strategic plan and shorter-term initiatives.
- Develop strong working relationships and partnerships with internal departments and stakeholders around the globe
- Partner with HR leadership, hiring managers and recruiting professionals on the implementation of new strategies and tracks success, measuring the viability, effectiveness, and business impact of that strategy
- Launch new programs tailored to learning for specific audiences to build knowledge, skills, and capabilities. Also launch new programs support our hiring goals, from interviewer training and on-campus recruiting to innovative diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Build systemic processes that enhance our capability to identify the internal talent pipeline, as well as retain top talent through additional development opportunities
- Build Performance Management and Succession Planning systems, processes, and tools to effectively provide feedback, assess, develop, and manage talent.
- Design high-level communication and implementation of said programs, in partnership with business and HR leaders.
- Establish metrics and goals that measure the quality and effectiveness of our programs
- Develop and nurture effective working relationships with hiring managers and business leaders throughout the organization to understand needs and provide consultation on talent acquisition and talent management strategies
- Research and network proactively to develop expertise on the e-Commerce Industry, its talent and recruiting best practices
- Monitor and drive active projects to ensure they remain on track for achieving the desired measurable business outcomes. Build systems and tools to facilitate the project management effort in smart ways.
- Leverage social media recruitment efforts in collaboration with the Marketing team to brand the company’s careers effectively and efficiently over multi-platform efforts (i.e. Facebook and Instagram)
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with strong ability to be agile
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize, seek clarity and confirm objectives in ambiguous situations.
- Strong relationship management and influence skills, particularly targeted at senior leaders
- High level of comfort in direct sourcing and experience with complex compensation negotiations
- Immaculate attention to detail and a keen eye towards visual presentation of work product; excellent presentation skills
- Results-oriented and demonstrates a high level of ownership and accountability in delivering outcomes. Engages, develops, and manages team to deliver results.
- Empowers team members to be strategic in their respective roles. Provides clear framework for strategic priorities and articulates how each team member will contribute
- Ability to form consultative relationship both within and outside the HR team
- Track record of driving talent programs from inception to fruition
- Ability to translate business strategy and operational plans into actionable talent management plans and programs
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms) preferred
- Experience with Workday a plus
- Generally, requires a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in talent acquisition, global talent management & organizational development that includes at least 5 years leading a team
- Experience managing complex talent program design, implementation, communication, and operations
- Experience building working partnerships with leaders and acting as a trusted advisor for business units on talent and culture issues
- Experience creating and/or implementing enhancements to talent management programs/processes based on relevant best practices, external trends, and data
- Experience implementing and/or utilizing talent management technology
- Worked effectively with Senior Level Executives and leaders at all levels
- Strong global, multinational cultural experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience
Since our founding nearly 50 years ago, Lucas Group has led and continuously transformed the executive recruiting industry by delivering transcendent executive talent to our corporate clients while helping individuals fully realize their career ambitions. Our collaborative culture attracts and rewards the industry’s top recruiters and, coupled with industry-leading methodologies, drives superior results.
We have unparalleled reach across major U.S. cities, job functions and industries, with divisions specializing in Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Military Transition, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain & Operations, as well as Contract Engineering.
From a one-man operation in 1970 in Atlanta, Lucas Group has grown to nearly 450 employees and our success is built on unmatched customer service and bottom line results.
Our objective: To be a trusted consultant for all of your professional recruiting and placement needs