Our client is an international leader in manufacturing components and devices supporting a wide variety of industries. We are exclusively partnering with them on a Sr. Corporate Quality Systems & Environmental Compliance Manager role for their office in the Chicago suburbs. The Sr. Quality Manager will be responsible for defining quality standards for new product development, oversee the global compliance for the Quality, Environmental, Material, and Corporate Social Responsibility programs, supporting end-to-end quality improvement, cost reduction initiatives for legacy products, working cross-functionally on operational & process improvement projects, and providing leadership to the Quality team.
We are looking for a Sr. Management level leader that is comfortable rolling up their sleeves to work with international manufacturing locations to create and maintain all quality procedures & develop metrics to track performance in addition to identifying areas for continued improvement. The Sr. Quality Manager must understand the importance the quality function plays within the entire organization and be a great communicator who can work cross-functionally to achieve corporate objectives. The Sr. Quality Manager must be comfortable working in a fast paced company with a quick pace of technological advancements requiring an agile & nimble leadership style in a constantly evolving industry.
Sr. Corporate Quality Systems & Environmental Compliance Manager Responsibilities
- Ensure our global Quality Management Systems meet customer & industry standards; e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14000, Automotive, etc.
- Develop / implement strategy to upgrade our quality management system across multiple global locations.
- Lead our global Document Control process.
- Direct our environmental and material compliance (i.e. REACH, ROHS, and other applicable electronics customer / industry material compliance requirements).
- Support the global Quality team through engagement in our global QA goal deployment and KPI process, associated with driving Quality improvement.
Sr. Corporate Quality Systems & Environmental Compliance Manager Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technology field. Master’s degree a plus.
- Familiarity in a global electronic component manufacturing company is desirable.
- 10+ years of planning, implementing, and maintaining Quality Management Systems; extensive understanding of ISO 9001 and quality related standards. Knowledge with IATF16949 preferred.
- Experience with REACH/ROHS and other applicable electronics industry material compliance requirements a must.
- Involvement with Corporate Social Responsibility leadership.
- Background in Document Control processes required.
- Experience in Project Management a plus.
- Ability to drive results, influence and bring projects and programs to closure.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently or as part of a team while providing task-oriented direction to others to complete projects within required time-frames.
- Attention to detail along with ability to self-regulate, self-motivate and self-prioritize.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict, problem solving skills, able to effectively communicate ideas and be an active listener.
- Able to coach and teach teams on quality management systems.
- Continuous improvement experience; i.e., Kaizen events, 5S, Kanban, value stream and process mapping.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, electronic) and interpersonal skills (listening, group facilitation).
- Proficiency with MS Office products including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.