Act as procurement lead for bakery categories to support Supply Chain, Brand and Operator teams to manage supplier base, costs, assure supply and build relationships to enable successful projects for. Must work collaboratively with many stakeholder groups including Brands, Franchisees Supplier Partners and internal teams.
Accountable for all procurement related activities; sourcing, price negotiations, supply planning, risk analysis, supplier performance management and project management for assigned technology hardware and other equipment categories.
- Act as supply chain lead with Brand teams, Operators, Procurement teams, Suppliers, and Distributors for all equipment activities within assigned categories.
- Follow formal Strategic Sourcing processes for all cost negotiations, including standard approach and action steps, timelines, and required documentation.
- Oversee programs and large product roll-outs, including supplier selection, roll-out planning and execution.
- Understand and consistently execute all required legal documents covering assigned responsibilities.
- Actively deliver value to our members while ensuring uninterrupted supply.
- Meet or exceed all spend and cost savings objectives against approved annual operating plan.
- Manage all pricing action requests and negotiations; information requests, quotes, value engineering efforts, timelines, etc.
- Develop and maintain strong trust relationships with all suppliers and Brand partners.
- Schedule, manage and coordinate regular supplier review documents and processes to ensure strong supplier performance.
- Monitor supply, forecast demand to suppliers and proactively report potential issues.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, innovation ideas and general specifications for assigned categories including key suppliers for assigned categories.
- Minimum of 5+ years business experience in Supply Chain, Program Management, or Purchasing. Prefer business experience within the food service industry. Quick service restaurant experience (QSR) preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Prefer MBA or Master’s.
- Experience working directly with Franchisees preferred.
- Strong Bakery Procurement (edible oils, grain, sugars) experience is required and critical for this position. Significant project/program management experience is expected.
- Related experience in other industries, logistics, or commercial equipment may substitute. International procurement experiences a benefit.
- Documented history of strong purchasing, negotiations, sales, and/or supply management success.
- Self-starter with ability to deliver results without daily supervision is critical.
- Must have strong analytical, planning, and problem-solving skills and be able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Advanced communication skills, both written and verbal, with an emphasis on interpersonal and consensus building capabilities.
- Ability to garner trust and respect of senior level constituents while managing tight timelines in a dynamic, high output environment.
- Ability to compile complex data into understandable formats is essential. Must be able to deliver concise presentation materials to all levels and groups, including senior level leaders, with poise.
- Must be comfortable assertively influencing outcomes when needed.
- Very high proficiency using PC based applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook). Project management experience a benefit.
- Experience in data analytics, forecasting, and risk analysis emphasized.
- CPSM, PMP, or similar certifications a plus.
- Travel - 10% to 20