Title: Sr Business Analyst – ERP
Location: Deerfield, IL
Reports to: Technology Director
The Senior Business Analyst will collaborate with the functional leaders to define, justify, deliver and improve IT Solutions that enable the achievement of short and long-term business objectives. The successful candidate will bridge the business needs and the technology solutions. She/he is primarily responsible for collecting, clarifying, documenting and facilitating process improvement discussions, and the definition and prioritization of business requirements. Additional responsibilities may include translating the requirements into technical capabilities, developing use cases, performing data analysis, managing mid-size projects, and contributing to the development of road-maps to achieve the long and short-term capability needs of the business.
The Senior Business Analyst for ERP and Business Operations primary focus will be the core order to cash, planning, record to report, and hire to retire processes.
· (20%) Business Analysis ownership for the core business processes and ERP solution that directly impact efficiency, transparency and stakeholder satisfaction. Identify and evaluate potential solutions. Prepares business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits by developing new or changed processes, and associated business risks.
· (20%) Drives effective requirements definition that creates objective, testable requirements that results in a business solution which meets or exceeds the defined objectives. Create functional requirements in Use Cases. Conduct requirements walk-throughs to verify with stakeholders that Use Cases and process models accurately portray specific business needs. Recommends options that best fit the business needs, value proposition and strategic road-map.
· (20%) Measurably improve business process capability and performance measures for delivered projects
· (20%) Attain a high re-use of technology while driving process standardization and simplification
· (20%) Identifies, analyzes, and troubleshoots the root cause of business and technical issues
Skills and Competencies
· Exceptional collaboration, teamwork, negotiation, influence, and relationship-building skills at all levels with internal and external parties.
· Business process design and re-engineering techniques and methods.
· Communicates and negotiates effectively, written and verbal, formal and informal
· Takes responsibility for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes, through improvements in systems, data, practices, procedures, and organizational change.
· Selects, adopts and adapts appropriate business analysis methods, tools and techniques.
· Designs and manages tests of new/updated processes. Manages selection/creation of relevant scenarios for testing and ensures that tests reflect realistic operational business conditions. Ensure tests and results are documented. Highlights issues and risks identified during testing.
· Defines and manages scoping, requirements definition and prioritization activities for initiatives of medium size and complexity. Facilitates input from stakeholders, provides constructive challenge and enables effective prioritization of requirements.
· Entrepreneurial spirit
· Can-do attitude
· Continuous-learning mindset
· Attention to details
· Team spirit and collaboration
· Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically
· Brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around her/him
· Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace
· Passion for technology
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3+ years of experience as a business analyst, 5+ years professional experience
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills (data and financial analysis)
• Strong time management and prioritization skills
• Excellent oral, written communication, and presentation skills
• Must be a strong collaborator, team player, and individual contributor
• Strong working knowledge of core business software (e.g., MS Office, etc.) is required
• Strong Excel modeling skills
• Proficiency in using digital tools
• Strong understanding of how to apply technology to business processes
• Previous involvement in delivering software or business intelligence solutions
• Graduate degree (business or technology)
• Trained in Lean and/or Six Sigma with project experience
• Experience in, or IT support for, order management and commercial processes
• Understanding of Agile and Lean delivery principles and how to implement them
• Experience in the medical device industry
• Experience in system validation, requirements tracking, and test development
• Experience evaluating and managing vendors and service levels
• Experience with BI and analytical tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx, Python)