Our client, a well-established, non-O&G related Service organization located in the West Houston area, seeks a Senior Accountant. This person will be tasked with reconciling complex accounts, booking journal entries, doing write-ups for the outside audit firm, and more! The experience you are able to gain in this organization is going to be very marketable and resume-building.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare monthly journal entries including accruals, prepaids, fixed assets, and more.
- Prepare account reconciliations for multiple entities.
- Review general ledger items.
- Help with intercompany allocations.
- Review, analyze, report and interpret financial and budgets.
- Responsible for coordination of monthly close process with other departments.
- Assist with preparation of audit work papers.
- Perform various projects and analysis as required.
- Assist with accounting integration of new acquisitions.
- Experienced professional with 1 to 5 years’ exp. working with reconciliations and the GL.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.