Lucas Group is looking for a dynamic Senior Accountant to join the team of one of our clients in the Manufacturing industry! This position is located in Irvine and is looking to start ASAP!
This role reports to the Corporate Site Controller, and will be responsible for all of the day to day accounting functions including, but not limited to; general ledger, entering journal entries, financial statement reporting, full cycle accounting, and bank reconciliations.
- Perform the day-to-day processing and reviewing accounts payable transaction to ensure that municipal finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner
- Manage the Accounts Payable month-end close and ensure the deadline is consistently met
- Responsible for preparing monthly accruals, month-end account reconciliations (Bank Rec., and several Balance Sheet Accounts Reconciliation)
- Involved in the intercompany transactions and billing
- Involved in month-end closing tasks such as preparing the journal entry for amortization, FA depreciation and intercompany reconciliation, etc
- Maintains fixed assets schedule
- Perform other related duties as required to support projects, audits and the overall Accounting / Finance Department
- BS Degree in Accounting
- Five plus years of experience in AP/GL Accounting
- Understand accounting principles, familiar with general ledgers and chart of accounts
- Intermediate-advanced MS Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to work with all levels of management and employees
- Attention to detail (detail oriented) and high level of accuracy