Work with EDW ETL/BI developers, Business Analysts and QA team members to understand database requirements, implement solutions and to provide comprehensive Cloud DBA Services to USAP.
Design, develop, and implement SQL database instances for the development and production environments in AWS
Assists in the optimization of the EDW and Data Mart’s
Perform and assist in the design and extension of data marts, meta data, and data models
Participates as required in the project efforts to develop the next generation USAP EDW and Data Marts
Migrate application date from on-prem databases to Cloud databases
Monitor and maintain database security and database software
Experienced with DMS (Database Migration Services) Tools to migrate data from On-premises to Cloud.
Daily maintenance, monitoring, problem resolution and internal customer for production and dev support
Manages the Design, develop, and implement SQL database instances for the development and production environments in AWS.
Manages the Cloud environments for USAP EDW Team and implements BI Database solutions for USAP.
Skilled and experienced in technical Design and Development of BI datawarehouses.
Competent in AWS Redshift database management and performance tuning.
Has experience in supporting SSIS, SSRS, PowerBI and SQL in the delivery of BI solutions.
Creativity in problem solving and strong verbal/written communication skills will be leveraged in this role.
- Ten or more years of experience in IT or related field
- Eight years or more experience performing data warehouse DBA responsibilities and minimum two years of experience with AWS Redshift management.
- 5 years or more experience with conducting performance tuning, backup/recovery, and scalability/capacity planning, in addition to SQL and UNIX shell scripting
- 4 - 6 years SQL Database Administration experience with administering and supporting multiple SQL databases on Windows/UNIX/Linux platform
- Hands on experience with AWS cloud computing platform, including configurating and monitoring Redshift clusters, performance tuning, data backup, deployment, etc.
- Experience with Azure is plus.
- 5 years of more experience with MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and stored procedures.
- High proficiency in dimensional modeling techniques and their application
- Strong analytical, consultative, and communication skills; as well as the ability to make good judgment and work with both technical and business personnel
- Several years working experience with some of the following: PowerBI, Tableau, and other reporting and analytical tools is a plus.
- Healthcare experience is a plus.
- Test, validate and implement performance and resource optimization improvements in consultation with AWS development Teams
- Database & Application (SQL Server & AWS Redshift) performance tuning
- Root cause analysis of production-related database issues
- Performance tuning
- DB usage monitoring
- Network monitoring
- Setup new instances
- Monitor Cloud costs
- DB security setup
- Bachelor’s degree required with major/concentration in relevant information technology area (CS, MIS, CIS or CE).
- MS or MBA a plus