Our client, one of the nation's leading independent broker-dealers, is looking to hire a strong SQL/BI Data Analyst to work out of their Rockville, MD location! You will be given the title of BI Developer, working as a key player in a very modern environment.
You are responsible for supporting and enhancing the internal Business Intelligence (BI) platform and data management capabilities. This includes the development of reports, dashboards, analytics, and creation of reference data and technical documentation.
Areas of expertise include ability to write complex SQL queries, PowerBI, Azure, Data Warehouse tools, ETL, and more!
- Analyze and evaluate current BI data, processes, and infrastructure to proactively identify data redundancy and make recommendations for data consolidation, standardization and process improvement.
- Maintain an understanding of ETL processes used in applications that feed into the HDM data warehouse environment.
- Design and develop MS SQL Server Integration Services programming objects for gathering, manipulating, loading
Reporting and Analytics:
- Develop data definitions that ensure semantic consistency across enterprise business units. Creation and ownership of Business Intelligence-related queries and calculations.
- SQL, SSIS and MS Power BI (3+ years)
- Experience with SSRS, SSAS and MDX query language
- Skilled in Microsoft Office product suite, specifically Excel
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Azure platform
- Experience with data integration – ETL
Nice To Haves:
- Experience in JIRA, Confluence and Salesforce.com
- Snowflake as a Data Warehousing tool
- Experience working in the financial services industry
- C# and .Net framework
- Managed file transmissions (SFTP)