Lucas Group has partnered with our client on their search for a Special Billing Analyst. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the largest firms in Houston. Ideal candidate will have previous pricing and billing experience within a law firm along with an aptitude for process improvement as it relates to billing.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily operations of reviewing new client and matter intake forms, engagement letters and any applicable outside counsel guidelines for set up and implementation in the firm’s billing system.
- This position will work in coordination with the rates and e-billing teams to ensure full compliance and configuration of the client and matter data for invoice processing.
- Reviews new business intake forms and documentation, including any engagement letters and other supporting material for set up and maintenance of the billing system in accordance with the terms of engagement. This includes addresses, rate levels, time increments, phase task activity code sets, and other crucial billing information.
- Communicate and clarify with attorneys regarding any discrepancy in client set up materials, or advise and follow up on arrangements requiring additional approvals, including management and the firm’s Billing Rate Committee approval.
- Reviews all client outside guidelines, confirming terms are set and being administered appropriately by the billing system.
- Knowledge and familiarity reviewing and documenting outside counsel guidelines and other special client contracts.
- Strong background in understanding rates and other alternative fee arrangements, including but not limited to contingent fees, holdbacks, fixed/capped fees, blended rates, volume discounts, and other specialized pricing agreements.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment under tight deadlines, and to work under pressure, maintaining composure in stressful situations.
- Attention to detail and strong time management and problem solving skills
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in finance, accounting or a related field.
- Law firm industry is a must.
- Three to five years of billing or other relevant experience required
- MS Office, including expert knowledge of Excel; ability to learn new software and database applications quickly
Title: Special Billing Analyst
Location: Houston - Downtown
Client Industry: Legal