Lucas Group is excited to partner with a world class equipment manufacturer that serves the semiconductor industry. Our client is an industry leader that helps its customers build tech that improves our daily lives. From tablets, to life saving medical devices, to smartphones, our client has a hand in everything we consider to be "smart" tech. Currently, our client is seeking well qualified candidates, who will thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, for a Sourcing Leader in their San Jose location.
The Sourcing Leader will manage assigned suppliers and an overall commodity supply base to ensure the company is supported by world-class suppliers delivering on time, at spec, and at the lowest total cost. You will actively pursue continuous improvement with current suppliers and potential suppliers, and continually explore opportunities arising from process and product improvements, new technology, alternative materials and suppliers, enhancements in supply chain activities, cost reduction programs and any other opportunities that may present a competitive advantage.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Engineering is required. An MBA is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of progressive experience in supplier management preferably in a high-tech, international manufacturing environment.
- A deep understanding of one or more technology-related supply chains is strongly preferred.
- Experience developing strong business relationships with key suppliers and experience in developing and executing long term agreements is required.
- Experience with complex negotiations, problem solving, strategic planning and financial analysis are essential.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally is required.
- The ability to lead cross-functional teams.
Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques is a plus, and a strong familiarity with technology manufacturing is highly preferred.