Lucas Group is looking for a Software Development Supervisor who can lead a team of software developers by coaching and mentoring team members from a technical and career perspective. Leads development of marketing software applications.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, Master’s degree preferred.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with software development with both server-side and client-side programming/scripting languages.
- Ability to manage a software development team.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and leadership skills required to interact with staff, colleagues, management and internal/external customers.
- Advanced experience with the development and support of web and/or mobile applications using programming/scripting languages such as Objective-C, Go, Python or Java.
- Experience developing web applications using a MVC framework such as Ruby on Rails a plus.
- Strong iOS, Objective-C, and UIKit development skills are a plus.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies, preferably Scrum.
- Understanding of good relational database design. Experience with NoSQL data stores is a plus. Must be able to write SQL queries, and understand core database concepts such as stored procedures, views and triggers.
- Knowledgeable about web standards, W3C specifications and cross-browser/cross-platform/cross-device compatibility.
- Experience with automation as part of the development lifecycle a plus.
- Advanced experience with version control software such as Git.
- Ability to work effectively with little supervision and strong attention to detail in a team environment.
- Requires the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Individual must be highly motivated and self-directed.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.