The Lucas Group is searching for an experienced and talented Social Media & Communications Specialist to add as a key member of our client’s team in Boston. Our client is a dynamic AmLaw 200 law firm that represents public and private clients in a wide range of disputes and transactions worldwide.
The Social Media & Communications Specialist supports the firm’s Business Development team in its various marketing efforts with a strong emphasis on social media, communications, and public relations for a law firm with approximately 300 attorneys in Boston, New York, Washington, D.C., and Paris.
- Assist with the delivery of comprehensive and coordinated internal communication strategies that support the firm’s mission and integrates internal and external news.
- Drive the firm’s social media platforms, including LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram, and the firm’s intranet.
- Consult across firm administrative departments and work closely with the Business Development, Human Resources and Recruiting teams, as well as Pro Bono and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion committees and firm leadership, to coordinate and execute internal requests for various firm-wide communications (using different channels such as memos, newsletters, invitations, attorney-authored client alerts, PPT presentations, special projects, and social media imagery).
- Plan, edit, and write internal and external content with oversight from the Sr. Communications Manager.
- Execute social media initiatives, working in conjunction with Sr. Communications Manager, Director of Business Development, and Creative Services Manager, including writing content, developing visual design concepts for posting and generating ideas for campaigns.
- Draft, post, create and coordinate content and images published to the firm’s social media accounts.
- Monitor social media accounts and conversations about the firm on various social media platforms.
- Collaborate with practices, internal groups, and Business Development managers to carry out targeted social/multimedia strategies.
- Implement, carry out, and monitor social media campaigns.
- Instruct attorneys on how to best utilize social media for business development.
- Manage social media analytics, including producing regular reports for senior management.
- Collaborate with colleagues in developing integrated internal and external communications plans to support strategic initiatives.
- Complete various research assignments relating to competitor analysis.
- Partner with Business Development colleagues on developing content for various uses.
- Assist with writing and reviewing/proofreading press releases, website and social content, attorney biographies, intranet news items, and other marketing collateral.
- Serve as a communications liaison to other firm departments on special projects.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency.
- Analyze the success of our brand message and marketing initiatives over time and recommend adjustments as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Media, PR/Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or a related field required is required.
- 3+ years relevant experience in a social media/communication/marketing role at a professional services firm or within a regulated industry is required.
- Knowledge and experience across all social media platforms, specifically Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter is required.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge and experience in Hootsuite, Clear View Social, Canva, or other social media management software.
- Knowledge of AP Style, as well as rules of English grammar and style, for detailed proofreading and wordsmithing.
- Knowledge and experience in SEO.
- Self-starter and team player, able to accept direction, yet work independently.
- Tech-savvy problem solver who will have the ability to learn new programs or systems with ease.
- Interest in digital, multimedia marketing strategy.
- Excellent prioritization, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral); including solid composition and editing skills.
- Visual design skills with a working knowledge of Adobe Creative suite of design apps particularly Photoshop and InDesign are also a plus.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced work environment that works well under pressure.
- A positive attitude, strong attention to detail, and possesses excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills.
This Social Media & Communications Specialist position requires professional and prudent communications working in a team environment with a diverse group of associates. If you like new challenges every day and are charged up by a fast-paced environment, this is an exciting opportunity for you.