* This company is specifically seeking candidates with U.S. military experience. *
What You Will Do:
Diagnose, repair, and maintain specialty vehicles and trucks (including work on electrical systems, diesel engines, transmissions, hydraulics, brakes, drivetrains, etc.) Responsible for small repairs on engine attachments, body leaks/repairs, parts ordering, documentation, and record keeping, reviewing DVIR’s, completing recalls, moving units as necessary, general assistance and training. This position requires the employee to understand service department standards including technician efficiency and productivity; also required to understand the performance of maintenance and repairs on gas- and diesel-powered vehicles as well as all other systems and components found within the vehicle.
- Ability to diagnose and repair all systems in buses and trucks.
- Supervise technicians of various backgrounds and abilities; communicate repair times and expectations to technicians.
- Maximize productivity and efficiency levels of technicians.
- Develop ongoing procedures to ensure an efficient and effective department.
- Ensure parts requests are processed in a complete and timely manner.
- Work with parts personnel to ensure that parts are being assigned to repair orders and any back orders are communicated.
- Ensure repair orders are opened and closed completely, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Become familiar with the dealer business system and have the ability to utilize it to run reports, input data and run day to day business.
- Take a leadership role in the Service Department; cover for the Service Manager, as needed.
- Effectively communicate with Customers in regard to on-going repairs, quotes for service, completion times, etc; provide accurate estimates for repairs to external and internal customers.
- Ensure production timelines are met including communication of delays prior to the vehicle being overdue.
- Assist with the development of departmental work schedules.
Education and Work Experience
- Associates Degree-Technical School
- Class A or B CDL (or the ability to obtain)
- Endorsements: Passenger (P) and School Bus (S).
Title: Shop Supervisor
Location: Sioux Falls SD
Client Job ID: 1590694