* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience *
What You Will Do:
Responsibility includes all facets of the business including personnel, financial performance, safety performance, and customer service performance. Will manage all location maintenance operations and provides shop staff oversight. Directly supervises shop staff. Assumes primary responsibility for managing efficient maintenance performance of the location. Ensures safe working condition of fleet.
- Schedules and administers fleet maintenance, assists in troubleshooting problems with equipment. Communicates availability of vehicles for service with dispatch and other operations personnel.
- Responsible for hiring; firing; approving salary increases or decreases; training and employee development; planning and directing the work; disciplining; handling employee complaints or grievances and performance reviews.
- Works closely with the region maintenance management providing status of maintenance and budget requirements. May review financial and budget variances, review repair orders or code and approve account payable documents.
- Ensures compliance on a day-to-day basis with State, Federal and Company requirements. Ensures a safe environment exists and that all maintenance and related activities are in conformance with company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Reviews repair orders. May order fuel for vehicles, order parts, and subcontract repair work.
- Ensures that maintenance technicians are trained on current operating procedures, are properly equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely and cost effective manner.
- Supervises bus fueling. May arrange services for building and ground keeping.
Education and Work Requirements:
- 5+ years of hands-on mechanical supervisory experience
- Industry experience repairing and maintaining diesel engines and bus equipment is preferred
- Possess CDL Operator’s license with required endorsements (preferred)
Title: Shop Manager
Location: Council Bluffs IA
Client Job ID: 1584706