* This company is specifically seeking candidates with U.S. military experience. *
What You Will Do:
Provides direct leadership of specific areas within the Plant Supply Chain such as receiving and preparation of raw materials, fill and close seaming processes, thermal retort processes, and labeling or shipping product. Responsible for analyzing the key measures of cost, quantity, timeliness, safety, and productivity on a daily basis. Additionally responsible for building operating and capital budgets in collaboration with teams to achieve short and long range objectives. Responsibilities also include the development and motivation of direct reports through effective leadership and communication principles
- Direct team leadership to meet area, plant, and company objectives. Includes the effective and efficient use of company materials and equipment and leadership of area employees.
- Directly responsible for all aspects of quality, safety, productivity, and maintenance. Also directly responsible for training and development of team members and ensuring area is appropriately staffed to meet operational objectives.
- Creating, implementing, and analyzing operational budgets for specific area of responsibility. Includes root cause analysis of issues and action plan steps to improve performance to budget.
- Planning and overseeing area capital budgets and projects. Includes vendor relations, negotiation, safety performance, site communication, and overall coordination of activities related to the project.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- BS/BA in business related field (MBA preferred)
- Production experience in food industry required (preferably 2+ years)
Title: Shift Supervisor
Location: Knoxville TN area
Client Job ID: 1590337