The Shift Supervisor is responsible for supervising the employees on their shift to achieve safe working conditions in a manufacturing setting, to assure fully qualified employees are on each job, achieve optimum efficiencies and minimal levels of waste at each process, and produce products that met all quality standards. You will directly supervise all Production Employees and Shift Maintenance Technicians.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Achieve safety requirements by insuring proper employee training, and the awareness and enforcement of all safety requirements. Resolve all safety issues and hazards; report all that cannot be immediately addressed. Prepare all accident reports for the shift to include corrective and preventative actions.
- Insuring proper employee training and the application of sound housekeeping procedures.
- Achieve the company’s quality requirements by providing the necessary training, meetings, feedback for associates, and insuring optimal machinery conditions.
- Scheduling and production requirements to meet all customer needs with guidance and direction from Planning and Logistics and the Plant Manager.
- Achieve cost requirements by insuring proper utilization of labor relative to standard manning and job specifications.
- Achieve maximum material yield through minimizing waste by insuring the proper employee training and proper machinery conditions. Consistently review and follow-up regarding non-conformance of waste standards.
- Provide staff employees with good communications, proper training, consistent ongoing motivation, and focus in all the company’s goals and objectives.
AS/BS degree in engineering, science, or operations management field. Candidate must have at least eight (8) years proven supervisory experience in a manufacturing plant environment with ideally knowledge of chemicals, plastics, or closely related industry. Knowledge of Lean manufacturing and proven employee retention strategies helpful for this non-union plant environment. No sponsorship available / Must be able to join team in July/August time frame.