* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
The Service Application Specialist provides after-sale service support to customers primarily in, but not limited to, the Industrial and Towable markets. This support includes technical troubleshooting, technical information assistance, application data, warranty processing assistance, and distributor/dealer training in a back-up role.
- Provide informative and technical advice to distributor and dealer technicians by telephone, e-mail, and field visits regarding proper generator maintenance, repair, operation and training. This service is necessary to provide a gracious after-sale experience, high levels of customer satisfaction, and repeated sales.
- Aid and support distributors, dealers, and OEMs with applications, installations, and field start-up of new products.
- Warranty claim review and processing, as well as, providing technical assistance to the Warranty Coordinator regarding validity of warranty requests by distributors and customers to ensure efficient and just processing of the claim can be made.
- Perform assignments delegated by the Senior Service Application Specialist, Industrial Support Lead and assist him in all functions necessary to administer generator service policies. This is essential for consistent administration of warranty service policies.
- Analyze field reports, production complaints, laboratory prototypes, and advise and assist in development of a better, more reliable generator set.
- Consult with Engineering, Warranty Inspection, Quality, and Production Departments regarding reoccurring field failures so all departments are aware of the problem and corrective measures can be taken.
- Provide consulting service for the Technical Publications Department as necessary in the preparation of manuals, bulletins, and other service and application related material. This includes review of rough drafts for technical accuracy and adequacy of the intended purpose.
- Provide technical assistance and advice to Sales Administration with regard to interpretation of certain orders and development of the proper lists of parts for certain specific repairs. This aids in expediting the proper parts to the customer.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- At least 2 years’ experience in the operation, maintenance or repair of ATS, generators, or other electric power distribution equipment.
- A thorough understanding of generators, engines, automatic transfer switches and related controls is preferred. Ability to quickly grasp and understand these concepts would be acceptable for the right candidate.
- Basic understanding of electrical power generation is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve mechanical and electrical problems.