Lucas Group has partnered with our retail and e-commerce client in Las Vegas, Nevada on their search for a Sr. VP of IT. Our client is a leader in the airport, casino and resort marketplace and we are looking for their next technical leader to lead the organization into the future.
As a member of the Executive leadership team, the Sr. VP participates in and contributes to overall company operations and strategy development, bringing a current knowledge and vision to leverage information and digital technologies in business model design, processes re-engineering, and operational improvements, while minimizing operational, financial, and cyber risks.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Sets the systems and technology vision and strategy of the organization, ensuring alignment to business priorities and goals.
- Serves as a trusted advisor; builds and maintains relationships with other executives to understand business needs; ensures cost-effective delivery of services to meet those needs, responds with agility to changing business priorities. Uses influence and negotiation to create collaboration to enable cost-effective and innovative shared solutions in achievement of business goals.
- Participates in the guidance and direction of the organization as a member of the Senior Executive team.
- Stays current on new technologies; provides direction and thought leadership to the team on emerging technologies. Provides strategic direction in the organization's innovation efforts and role in experimenting with new solutions to take advantage of those opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, organization design, and leadership.
- Outstanding leadership skills with strong ability to effectively create and communicate the company’s vision and inspire and motivate a high-performing, quick learning staff.
- Strong business acumen.
- Knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology to business leaders, Board members, and others not immersed within the technology world.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of information systems experience, 5 of which in senior leadership roles
- Retail and e-commerce experience is required
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Title: Sr. VP of IT
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Client Industry: Retail, E-Commerce
Client Job ID: 1587909