Our client has an opportunity for a Senior Vice President, Enterprise Sales. The Senior Vice President, Enterprise Sales has both direct and matrix reports and is responsible for leading the USA Enterprise and Account Management sales teams. This individual will continue to transform this sales organization into a high performing team that drives top-line revenue growth ($100MM growing) through new customer acquisition, penetrating white space in existing accounts through cross-selling and selling, and existing account management/growth. The individual should have demonstrated experience successfully adding an enterprise sales approach to a more transactional model, fully understanding the needs of the customers (including Supply Chain/executive level) while adapting the sales model and team to deliver against targets. The individual should have a track record of building loyal strong customer relationships at the senior level.
To achieve sales growth objectives, this position requires an inspiring and results driven leader, who is well respected by the team and customers and leads by excellent example. As is important in a young company, this leader willingly moves between hands-on execution and executive vision shaping.
The successful candidate for this position will bring a proven track record for creating and accelerating top-line revenue growth, preferably at fast-growing, pre-IPO companies. By leveraging data and analyzing trends, this senior leader can identify sales opportunities that align with company objectives and create deep customer value.
The Senior Vice President, Enterprise Sales will regularly interact with the company’s C-suite and collaborate extensively with internal departments to continually enhance the customer experience. Most importantly the Senior Vice President will be driving sales, increasing brand awareness, and growing revenues from multidivisional customers within a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Manage the sale of the organization’s services and meet/exceed revenue targets based on the rolled-up quota of the sales team.
- Perform account planning, forecasting, and positioning for accounts in the enterprise sales unit.
- Ensure monthly sales objectives are met or exceeded while delivering outstanding service to our customers.
- Trains, mentors, and coaches account executives to become best in class sales professionals.
- Instill stronger enterprise customer approach, fully understanding the wider set of customer needs that the company can deliver against and delivering larger, more enterprise-minded deals.
- Provide ongoing curation and delivery of the Sales Playbook.
- Responsible for day-to-day sales activity management, funnel activity and customer focus sales efforts for the team of enterprise sales executives and customer experience managers.
- Negotiate business relationships and contracts.
- Collaborates with Sales Operations to develop key performance metrics.
- Excels in being an excellent leader and mentor, a motivator, presentation skills, team player and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
QUALIFICATIONS & PROFILE
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in a technology Sales Management role with multi-level selling and demonstrated consistent overachievement record of sales success.
- Strategic enterprise sales experience and revenue achievement selling multiple enterprise offerings.
- Experience building strategic plans for sales team growth and development including account and activity planning.
- Demonstrated success building senior-level satisfied, loyal and referenceable customer relationships
- Excellent communications skills and cross-functional collaboration with partners in Marketing, Customer Success, Product and Engineering.
- Able to make informed, educated, and timely decisions, under pressure.
- Demonstrated experience in improving and implementing processes.
- Once travel resumes safely, this position will require up to 50% travel within the continental US and Canada.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & BACKGROUND
- Prior experience working at an early stage-high growth company.
- Experience shifting the sales team’s mindset from transactional to broader enterprise approach.
- Experience working in distributive manufacturing, technology, or service industry.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business, Management, Marketing, Engineering, or other technical specialization.
- Recruited, built teams, and have a strong network of sales professionals.
- New revenue growth
- Existing revenue growth
- New customer contact acquisition