TITLE: Senior Vice President of Land Acquisition and Entitlement
Los Angeles, CA
This is a strategic hire for the team and reports directly to the Managing Director of Investments. This position will lead the due diligence, planning, and entitlement process on multiple projects. Primary responsibilities include the oversight of third-party professional services such as planners, engineers, architects, attorneys, and government agencies to obtain necessary approvals including annexation, rezoning, subdivision improvement plans, plats, etc... This role will be a self-motived lead on acquisitions and foster effective relationships with consultants and government staff in various disciplines. The successful candidate will have knowledge of real estate transactions, entitlement processes, general contracting methods, and will be detail oriented and purpose driven to set and meet deadlines.
- Network within various Real Estate groups to find potential transactions.
- Responsible for all feasibility, planning, and entitlement aspects for assigned projects.
- Prepare, maintain, and monitor project plans, project schedules, project budgets and cash flows.
- Provides information for and participates in the preparation of proforma financial analysis and underwriting.
- Manages the preparation and approval of entitlement and design documents. As applicable, responsible for: (re)zoning, annexation, preliminary and final plat, subdivision improvement plans, engineering, architecture, and all permits necessary for construction.
- Works with in-house construction team during initial phases for bidding and awarding contracts to general contractors.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, business administrations, finance, real estate, and/or related field.
- 12+ years’ experience in real estate development, most focused on the initial phases.
- Thorough knowledge of the real estate development process including feasibility, entitlement, design, construction, financing, leasing, sales, and marketing.
- Project management skills (e.g., organizational, leadership, communication, critical thinking, financial, time management).
- Knowledge of residential, multifamily, commercial construction and development costs are preferred.
- Entrepreneurial spirit combined with a strong work ethic, desire to learn, and works well in a team environment.
- Ability to collaborate and network to build lasting relationships with a variety of contacts.
- Proven track record of success in a fast-paced environment, act with a sense of urgency; ability to understand the difference between efforts and results.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and work under pressure; ability to handle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Must have high integrity and value fiduciary responsibility.
- Advanced presentation and writing skills, with the ability to communicate both high-level and detailed aspects of an acquisition in clear, concise language.
- Ability to travel up to 30%