Lucas Group has partnered with a growing pharmaceutical company in the downtown Chicago area on their search for a Senior System Engineer on a direct-hire, full-time basis.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Function as the primary support contact person for all Chicago and Remote based employees, both in-house and field personnel. Serve as an escalation point for Tier 2 issue resolution.
- Prioritize and respond to help desk tickets, track, and resolve user problems and issues including computer, telephone, hardware, and software. Document calls and resolutions to ensure continuity throughout the team.
- Provision user accounts and access to network resources, mail groups and 3rd party applications.
- Provide technical support for issues related to IT systems, phone systems, software, and hardware.
- Perform and resolve routine office IT issues and maintenance including phone, fax, printer, AV, and access control.
- Assist in configuring, monitoring, maintenance, and patching enterprise applications and resources (conference/zoom rooms, office365, anti-virus, etc.)
- Leads all onboarding/offboarding activities and communication, which includes account access administration, deployment of computers and equipment for new hires, and the collection equipment and perform offboarding procedures for separated employees.
- Responsible for procuring endpoint equipment and maintaining inventory through asset tracking of all IT assets, including replacement, repair, and disposal.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to Tier 1 support staff and assist with team projects as assigned.
- Identify problem management opportunities to determine root cause operational issues and process deficiencies. This includes understanding issues customers are facing, communicating plans for resolution, explaining developments, and conveying resolution.
- Interact with management and staff to provide analytical and technical assistance for continuous improvement of IT solutions.
- Collaborate with end users and explore training opportunities to develop live training classes and/or resources guides to further employee technology education.
- Educating IT and corporate staff on platform and application changes
- Encourages and builds positive relationships and communicates effectively with all co-workers, outside customers, and vendors.
- Follow and contribute to the development of IT and company policies and procedures.
- Perform duties in line with the Company’s core values, policies, and applicable regulations.
- Research and evaluate new products, services, and automation tools for improvements, as required
- Assists in setup of user accounts including permissions, file rights and security information.
- Project management of technical projects.
- Create and maintain scripts in PowerShell and other scripting languages
- Maintain and deploy group policy and Microsoft Intune
- Asset and software inventory management including licensing.
- Office 365 Tenant administration (Exchange Online, OneDrive, Skype for Business, SharePoint, Azure, ADFS, Active Directory Premium).
- Evaluate current systems in area of specialty to identify areas for improvement or new direction and provide input into future system strategies.
- Office 365 Product deployment management (Exchange Online, OneDrive, SharePoint, Yammer, Microsoft Teams, Groups, etc.) highly desired
- Direct involvement in user groups and feedback channels with Microsoft.
- This position requires an excellent problem-solving aptitude with analytical and deductive skills. Strong oral and written communication skills. Advanced capabilities using Microsoft office products including Visio, Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Leadership and mentoring skills for fostering a collaborative work environment. A motivated self-starter with the ability to prioritize and make decisions with confidence.
- Knowledge of: Operating systems; current equipment and technologies in use; Windows system administration, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring tools; effective project management techniques.
- Previous experience supporting executive and C-Level Suite
- Comfortable working in and assisting others through company help desk software, such as Service Desk Plus, in addition to other remote access desktop applications
- Resourceful and able to independently research and evaluate issues, new products, and technologies, etc.
- Any Fundamental Microsoft certifications a big plus
- Preferred experience with SOX compliance, Enterprise Desktop Management configuration, Mobile Device Management, Cybersecurity tools, and incident response processes
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Degree: Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in IT or equivalent field preferred
- Work Experience: 5+ years in System Engineering
Title: Sr. System Engineer
Location: Chicago, Ill.
Client Industry: Pharmaceuticals
Lucas Group ID:1586035