Lucas Group has been engaged by a company in the restaurant/hospitality industry to search for a Senior SEC Financial Reporting Analyst.
The Financial Reporting Analyst’s primary responsibility is to prepare SEC-related filings, including the Company’s annual report on Form 10-K, quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and quarterly Earnings Releases. In this role, the Financial Reporting Analyst will work under the direction of the Manager of Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Prepare external financial statements as well as prepare supplemental schedules and analysis to support each SEC-related filing and its related footnotes and management’s discussion and analysis.
- Research and document new accounting principles and reporting requirements to ensure that the Company’s SEC-related filings and releases are GAAP, SEC and PCAOB compliant as well as keeping management informed of new pronouncements.
- Coordinate and assist in the gathering of information generated by other departments for the preparation of the SEC-related filings and earnings releases.
- Coordinate, assist and respond to the external auditors in their reviews of the quarterly financial statements and year-end audits.
- Ensure that SEC filings are XBRL compliant.
- Reconcile the Company’s equity accounts on a quarterly basis.
- Assist the General Ledger team with the periodic close process including preparation of journal entries, financial statement analysis, and account reconciliations
- Experience with public companies required and prior exposure to SEC, SOX, and other areas specific to public companies.
- Ability to interpret and apply technical accounting and financial reporting requirements.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and who will be effective in a positive, productive manner.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and within the company culture.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Degree: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required, CPA preferred
- Work Experience: 2 to 5 years experience in Accounting
Location: 100% Remote position (Must be living or relocate to Greater Denver area)