* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Seeking a Sr. Project Manager with demonstrated project management experience in the electrical Industry. This position requires extensive experience leading multi-million dollar electrical Industry projects in both the public and private sector. The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for the leading, planning, coordination, and direction of construction projects to meet the profit and growth objectives of the company.
This position requires a solid understanding of project contracts, project scheduling, cost accounting and budgeting, client management and safety. This position requires outstanding communication and customer service skills as part of our business dealing with our clients and internally with other employees.
Include the following. Other duties will likely be assigned.
• The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for leading all aspects of the project activities for the projects assigned in accordance with project goals, budget, quality control and company objectives.
• Responsible for providing project management resources to act for the company in matters pertaining to the successful progress and completion of assigned projects according to established budget, schedules and contract documents.
• Ensures adherence to project budget and reports any potential risks or discrepancies to the Division Manager and during the budget review process monthly.
• Understands complex project plans, drawing specifications and schedule as well as the resources necessary to complete the project on time and within budget.
• Ensures accurate and timely project documentation, including but not limited to, RFI's submittals, schedule updates, time records, supplemental work orders, change order pricing, and general project correspondence.
• Coordinate with the Superintendent and Project Field Staff to determine the priority of job – especially when dealing with scheduling conflicts for labor and equipment.
• Establishes, maintains, and tracks performance standards for all work performed on assigned project.
• Perform regular inspections of all work performed on assigned project.
• Adheres to the Company uniform project management procedures and cost accounting standards.
• Foster and maintain consistent and uniform cooperation among all departments in the company.
• Prepare Project expense budgets, revenue and profit projections for the Division Manager.
• Provides consistent supervision and monitoring of all work performed on assigned project.
• Provide technical advice to both clients and employees working on assigned project.
Works with the Division Manager on the bid mark-up that are consistent with the volume and profit objectives for the Project and Company.
• Review estimates and proposal scope letters.
• Review RFQ/RFP documents for the solicitation of subcontractors and vendors.
• Possess a high level of expertise in all phases of electrical and low voltage design and construction.
• Enforce compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, safety standards and contracts and report all variances to the Division Manager.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Electrical Engineering Degree OR Electrical Trade Diploma with a minimum of 8 years of Project Management experience in the Electrical Industry, with at least 4 years experience leading complex multi-million dollar Electrical Projects OR a minimum of 10 years combined experience in Electrical Field Installation and Project Management in the Electrical Industry, with at least 5 years experience leading large complex multi-million dollar Electrical Projects in the public/private sector. (Required)
• Excellent written and verbal communication and team skills. (Required)
• Professional Certifications (Preferred)
• High School Diploma or Equivalent (Required)