* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Provides leadership to the plant production, quality and maintenance to assure a high quality, low cost finished product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily operations; providing leadership, focus and direction to the operations team.
- Integrates site harmoniously with support functions, working with Plant Production, Testing, Engineering, Development, Maintenance, Quality Control, Packaging, Logistics, Marketing and Research personnel to name a few.
- Maximize efficiency through the design and implementation of improved manufacturing strategies and allocate assets and resources to meet quality, safety, cost, delivery, and volume and productivity goals.
- Responsible for industrialization and successful launches for new programs and initiatives.
- Ensures proper supervision training and inspection is being carried out to conform with “Current Good Manufacturing” practices and FDA regulations.
- Directs the identification of capacity utilization problems and ensures appropriate capital appropriations requests are issued in order to help rectify problems.
- Develop and maintain department budgets.
- Lead and implement Site specific Root Cause Analysis methodology.
- Benchmarks, develops, and implements the operating plan to ensure production requirements are satisfied.
- Provides focus to the critical business/leverage issues that will have the biggest impact on plant performance.
- Allocate limited resources and place emphasis on the effective use of resources throughout the operation.
- Create a flexible organization that can respond quickly to changes in product demand.
- Provide leadership in team effectiveness by sharing information and encouraging the participation of all team members, building commitment to common goals and motivating team members, support continuous improvement.
- Compiles necessary statistics and anticipated operating expenses as a basis for determining future operating expense budget.
- Obtain general guidelines and establish operating objectives from the VP of Manufacturing.
- Assist the SPD Plant Manager in preparing and reviewing annual budgets while meeting company production commitments.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, local, and corporate policies, laws, and regulations.
- Champion and implement automation initiatives
- Own the site Engagement Strategy
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Organizational/time management skills.
- Effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work for long periods of time, under pressure, to produce results.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Record of successful goal setting, achievement, employee engagement, and management.
- Strategic planner with qualitative solutions and quantifiable results.
- Experience in managing and motivating, and leading a diverse workforce.
- Capable of making decisions and demonstrate ambiguity.
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Engineer degree is required.