The Lucas Group is searching for an experienced and talented Senior Marketing Specialist to add as a key member of our client’s West Coast-based teams. Our client is an international law firm representing emerging enterprises to large public corporations, leaders in the technology and life sciences sectors and are fundamentally changing the world through rapid innovation.
The Senior Marketing Specialist will further the firm’s marketing efforts through support of the corporate practice groups, individual partners, senior marketing staff and oversight of marketing coordinators and assistants. This position can be based in our client’s Mountain View/San Francisco/Santa Monica (CA) or Seattle (WA) office.
· Assist the Corporate Marketing Manager in supporting partners’ marketing and business development goals, including monitoring progress of their efforts.
· Maintain and report on various sales metrics that will help the firm’s marketing efforts.
· Prepare research and marketing/sales materials for meetings with prospective clients.
· Assist the Marketing Manager in responding to proposal opportunities and completing post-mortems on lost pitches.
· Supervise data entry of pre and post pitch activities to CRM database.
· Maintain updates to marketing client lists, experience management database and pitch templates.
· Assist with submissions to ranking agencies.
· Support of various research projects for practice groups.
· Provide support to Recruiting in preparing new hire/lateral promotional materials and event related materials.
· Support of the firm website, including updates to practice group descriptions and representative matters.
· Bachelor's degree required. English, journalism, communications, marketing or related field is required.
· 6+ years of experience in a marketing or business development capacity with a professional services background, preferably legal, is required. Previous experience supporting a corporate practice group is a plus.
· Possess intermediate understanding of the law firm sales cycle and professional services marketing best practices.
· Possess intermediate understanding of law firm corporate legal services (startup, venture capital, M&A, capital markets, public companies, corporate governance, etc.) and the technology industries (software, mobile, life sciences, etc.).
· Advanced ability to write about legal and technical topics and proofread related materials generated by attorneys and other marketing and business development staff with a high degree of accuracy.
· Advanced legal, business and competitive intelligence research, data collection and reporting skills, including use of CRM tools and proprietary research databases such as Pitchbook, Deal Point Data, Capital IQ, Intelligize.
· Experience preparing proposal (RFP) responses and pitch materials.
· Highly proficiency in MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint) and CRM database(s), preferably Salesforce.
· Ability to prioritize ongoing tasks and significant projects for yourself and team members, as well as manage expectations of attorneys in relation to these projects.
· Strong customer service ethic and outstanding interpersonal skills, capable of working seamlessly with high level partners, marketing staff and colleagues in other administrative departments.
· Highly organized, efficient and extremely detailed oriented, with superior proofreading and fact checking skills.
· Capable of staying productive and accurate under pressure with tight deadlines (a sense of humor helps, too).
· Ability to supervise and mentor marketing coordinators and other junior marketing staff.
· Self-motivated, takes initiative and is able to work independently.
This Senior Marketing Specialist position requires professional and prudent communications working in a team environment with a diverse group of associates. If you like new challenges every day and are charged up by a fast-paced environment, this is an exciting opportunity for you.
Please email your resume to Amanda Cooper at the Lucas Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow me on LinkedIn for new roles and industry information at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucasgroupcreativeamanda/