The Lucas Group is searching for an experienced and talented Senior Manager, Business Development to add as a key member of our client’s teams in New York City. Our client is an international law firm representing clients in litigation and investigations, regulatory and transactional matters. The firm is a Global 200 firm that helps international corporations and emerging enterprises navigate complex legal challenges and create business solutions across the globe.
This Senior Manager, Business Development position is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to cultivate business with current and prospective clients, as well as elevate the profile of the firm’s New York office.
- Develop strategies and approaches to facilitate collaborative business development, branding and targeted community outreach.
- Develop and execute a NY office business plan.
- Develop informative agendas for NY partner meetings.
- Assist in developing and implementing practice group strategies to cultivate business with current and prospective clients.
- Strategize and develop high quality, tailored pitch materials and responses to RFPs.
- Regularly develop compelling practice area content to reflect recent developments and enhanced capabilities.
- Work with practice leadership and other business development team members supporting the practice to develop an annual business plan.
- Work with firm lawyers to develop individual practice plans and support key initiatives.
- Conduct client, prospect, industry, competitor and market research/analysis to inform targeted business development efforts.
- Identify and execute on cross-selling opportunities.
- Work with the Senior Director, Business Development, and practice leadership to implement lateral integration plans for partners in the New York office.
- Work with the firm’s communications team to effectively identify opportunities for expert commentary, as well as the promotion of client successes. In addition, help to identify publishing and speaking opportunities that align with the profile-raising objectives of the practice groups.
- Develop practice group award submissions for publications like Chambers.
- Develop systems to help track progress on practice priorities.
- Collect matter data for inclusion in the firm’s experience database.
- Assist with the coordination of practice group events, sponsorships, advertisements and speaking engagements.
- Coordinate with business development team members to support client events in the New York office.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field required. A JD, MBA or other related advanced degree is preferred.
- 10+ years of increasingly responsible, directly related business development and marketing experience within a law firm or professional services organization is required.
- Experience in the direct supervision of others on a regular basis preferred.
- Strong business and marketing acumen, including the ability to leverage research and competitive intelligence to identify business opportunities and support go-to-market strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization and work both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a productive and committed work effort, meeting deadlines and managing workload.
- Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with internal and external clients/personnel at all levels.
- Strong knowledge of and familiarity with legal and business environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CRM systems and experience management databases.
This Senior Manager, Business Development position requires professional and prudent communications working in a team environment with a diverse group of associates. If you like new challenges every day and are charged up by a fast-paced environment, this is an exciting opportunity for you.
Please email your resume to Amanda Cooper at the Lucas Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow me on LinkedIn for new roles and industry information at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucasgroupcreativeamanda/