Lucas Group has partnered with our client in their search for a Senior Linux Engineer. Our client is a global provider of Clinical Solutions and Services that partner with researchers and clinicians in both human and animal health. Our client is located in Austin, Texas and specializes in supporting complex clinical trials and registries.
Senior Linux Engineer is the primary source for infrastructure support for the server environment. The ideal candidate will be a visionary that can analyze infrastructure and charts a path toward an environment that can support hundreds of customers.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Analyze the current infrastructure that supports dozens of customers and chart a path toward an environment that can support hundreds of customers
- Measure and analyze the current KVM VMs / Linux systems to improve performance and reliability.
- Build Virtual Machines & Physical Machines per Standard setups .
- Systems performance tuning and Administration.
- Support migrations, upgrades and patching the Systems and their Firmware.
- Consider value proposition of public cloud (AWS / Azure) vs. current private cloud server infrastructure and if needed lead transition from private to public cloud.
- Linux System Administration
- Private network/VPN management
- Linux shell scripting
- Data Center Rack Management
- DevOps Automation
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Title: Senior Linux Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas
Client Industry: Software – Biotech, Clinical
Lucas Group ID: 1584670