Reporting to the Head of Global Sales, the Sr. Leader, Inside Sales serves as a key member of the Global Sales Leadership Team and will be responsible for developing and executing the sales strategy, as well as strategic initiatives that will achieve the organization’s revenue plans. Together with the business leaders of each business unit, this role will define the organization’s sales model.
The Sr. Leader, Inside, Sales will focus on evolving the sales and client relations organization and leading sales and client relations efforts across the business and in line with the Global Sales organization.
- Leads, develops and retains a world-class sales organization consisting of Inside Sales and Sales Development professionals
- Collaborates with Sales staff on account planning/strategy
- Develops and manages superior customer relationships
- Creates account retention and penetration strategies
- Supports best-in-class culture, founded in a superior Client Experience
- Develops a strategic and integrated sales strategy which enables the organization to more effectively grow revenues and share across all major markets;
- Ensure sales goals and forecasts are consistent with the organization's long-range strategic objectives
- Develops and administers effective sales processes and methodologies, which may include lead generation programs, funnel management tactics, solution sales techniques, closing methods, and other metrics that will allow to forecast results, target key relationships and improve overall close ratio.
- Employs a consultative, solution selling approach to develop compelling business cases to differentiate and highlight the value of business unit’s broad portfolio.
- Works closely with Marketing, Product, Finance, and Operations peers to develop and execute collaborative product and sales strategies across all market channels.
- Provides quarterly updates of the organization’s performance against objectives.
- Drives the overall revenue growth and profitability across each major industry segment and customer group by identifying critical market opportunities and controlling sales costs.
- Develops and manages sales department budgets, targets and compensation plans.
- Provides leadership to the team on overall sales strategy, cost optimization, and disciplined process management (pipeline review, asset management, demo sales achievement, etc).
- Establishes both annual and monthly sales objectives in coordination with the Company’s business plan.
- Develops a high performance sales and sales development organizations, including assessment and development of current incumbents, identification and development of key future leaders, and leveraging internally and externally available talent to create a highly talented, credible and results driven team.
- In concert with the SVP and other executives, establish compensation plans for sales personnel including salary structures, commission plans, sales contests and bonus plans.
- Keeps abreast of market trends, including competitors, potential partners, and industry events to ensure that the sales organization is viewed as a value-added, industry expert to clients.
- Develops and strengthens relationships with key clients, regularly gathering voice of the customer data to drive enhancements to customer programs, identify new growth opportunities and continuously deliver on a win-win strategic relationship between each client and company.
- Partners with leaders across Global Sales and Marketing organizations to develop, deploy and reinforce a strategic sales and business development plan, working to cascade relevant details to all levels within the organization.
- Assists the development and owns execution of regular and consistent Demand Generation Campaigns across all Business Units.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience; MBA preferred.
- 15 years of related experience in progressive sales leadership roles
- Industry-specific experience preferred
- Proven track record of selling and relationship management at the highest levels of global organizations while selling complex solutions that solve the business issues and challenges faced by unique and complicated customers.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong agile leadership capabilities and management skills with proven ability to inspire shared leadership and foster an environment of positive employee engagement.
- Displays a high level of natural curiosity; constantly looks for new ways to reach clients and solve problems.
- Demonstrate exceptional business acumen, a track record of effective leadership and collaboration, and a deep understanding of the markets.
- Champion of innovation; continually evolve the model, matching client need with company offering and expertise.
- Must possess expertise in selling strategies and methodologies, strategic planning and execution, and employee motivation techniques.
- Displays high levels of organizational agility; seamlessly navigate and interact with all stakeholders, at all levels.
- Champion for Sales and Marketing Innovation
- Strong desire to mentor, coach and help grow the careers of assigned leaders and individual contributors.
- Maintain high levels of resiliency; expert understanding of the natural business cycles and seasons, and prepare team to deliver across each accordingly.
- Demonstrated passion for excellence, and proven success delivering to sales/revenue/profit goals.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with key customers with a focus on opportunities for increased sales, business development and proactive client relations.
- Proven record of developing and deploying new metrics and scorecards to drive execution and overall performance.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.