Lucas Group has partnered with our client in on their search for a Senior IT Specialist.
**Seeking Candidates with a Military Background**
Scope of Responsibilities:
This client is looking for a Senior Information Technology and Security Specialist. This individual supervises the network and server infrastructure of the company. The primary duties are the security of the company’s computer systems and electronic data, development and implementation of customized systems and overseeing all computer related activities.
- Oversee IT staff by recruiting, training, and coaching employees, communicating job expectations, and appraising their performance manage daily operations of information technology, computer systems, network, and server infrastructure
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Align IT infrastructure with current and future business requirements and goals
- Design, develop, implement, and coordinate systems, policies, and procedures
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures manage IT budgets, forecasts, understanding cash flow and enforcing cost-effectiveness
- Evaluate risk, developing network recovery and backup processes
- Assess and purchase new and replacement hardware and peripherals
- Assure that IT activities are within the limits of applicable laws, codes, and regulations
- Test, troubleshoot, and adjust information systems to operate effectively
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes
- Implement security of the network, data and its storage and communication systems travel and schedule commensurate with business needs
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Information Systems or Computer Sciences is required.
- The IT specialist must have three to five years’ experience in IT operations and IT department supervision.
- Work experience should include proven ability to problem solve, prioritize, handle risk, control costs, adhere to timelines and manage projects and project teams.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows, service desk and network administration along with a working knowledge of in-house computer networks and the ability to explain complex systems and the changes necessary to identify upgrades are necessary.
- Experience in web development, virus removal, cleaning infected hard drives, stripping software after a security breach occurs are vital.
- Strong candidates will have knowledge and experience in cloud architecture along with experience in leading and supervising large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructure across various technologies. Experience with the following technologies are also required:
- Microsoft Azure (Cloud) Architecture
- Microsoft Hyper-V Architecture
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft 365 Management and Related Services
- Cloud and On-Premise Phone Systems
- Network Architecture including Cabling, Firewall and Switch Management
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to assess and recruit top candidates, train new IT staff, supervise and motivate team members for high performance
- Experience coordinating installations, upgrades, and maintenance
- Ability to identify software needs
- Knowledge of architecture processes and performance of operating systems
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Skills to understand and oversee code development
- Robust communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptable to help team meet goals
- Dependable, punctual, and effective with teamwork
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to walk and remain on feet for extended periods of time.
- Competitive Weekly Pay
- Health/Vision/Dental/Life/Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 6 Paid Holidays
- 401K & 401K Match
- Merit Increases/ Bonuses
- Employee Referral Program
Title: Senior IT Specialist
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Client Industry: Manufacturing
Lucas Group ID: