Sr Internal Auditor
The Senior Internal Auditor is primarily responsible for the coordination and completion of internal audits. Additional responsibilities will include assisting in the completion of appropriate risk assessments to establish the annual internal audit plan, preparing internal audit reports and memos for review by the Internal Audit Manager, performing special projects and ad hoc assignments. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal are required to effectively communicate audit issues to management. Technical auditing and accounting skills and excellent working knowledge of GAAP and John Bean Technologies’ Financial Standards are required.
The Senior Internal Auditor must be detail oriented, able to coordinate multiple projects, meet deadlines, effectively supervise audit staff and be able to work in international operations. The position requires approximately 50% combined domestic and international travel.
- Coordinate and execute the financial, Sarbanes-Oxley and information technology based audit engagements.
- Working with the Internal Audit Manager, assist in the preparation of the annual audit plan by location/function based on internal risk assessment processes.
- Maintain and update the internal audit programs and policies as necessary. Develop new audit programs as situations dictate.
- Prepare internal audit reports and memos for review by the Internal Audit Manager. Ensure issues are clearly described and recommendations are sound and in accordance with Company policies and standards.
- An undergraduate degree in accounting. CPA certification is preferred.
- CIA and/or CISA are a plus.
- 3+ years of relevant accounting/auditing experience; preferably “Big 4” public accounting for manufacturing clients.
- Previous SEC experience is a plus.
- Ability and interest in professional development, learning new concepts and gaining new experiences.
- Technical accounting interest, skills and expert working knowledge of GAAP and the Company’s Financial Standards.
- Ability to effectively supervise and motivate engagement staff and to relate effectively with all levels of management.
- Sound knowledge of audit practices and procedures.
- Ability to manage multiple field audit assignments and/or special projects and to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in personal computer skills including Microsoft WORD, EXCEL and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time, including international assignments.