Lucas Group is excited to partner with a thriving E&P company that is looking grow their team. Great people with an entrepreneurial mind set and progressive focus to growing the business.
Senior Financial Reporting Accountant
Job Summary: Primarily responsible for the financial consolidation and reporting of the Company, a joint venture and an equity investment. This position ensures that all financial information provided internally and externally is prepared accurately and in accordance with GAAP. This responsibility requires knowledge of exploration and production companies and a thorough understanding of the preparation of GAAP financial statements.
- Prepare consolidated GAAP financial statements on a monthly basis for the company and a joint venture.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting package, including monthly internal management reports. § Prepare financial statements and other financial reporting information for quarterly earnings releases, including non-GAAP reconciliations.
- Prepare and distribute internal monthly accounting reports that are used internally to monitor or as part of control activities by process owners.
- Coordinate and manage the monthly, quarterly and annual financial accounting close calendar.
- Coordinate with the external auditors on information requests for the accounting department quarterly. § Perform the monthly accounting and reconciliation for corporate transactions, which could include equity investments, stock-based compensation, derivatives, leases, etc.
- Assist with review of SEC filings on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Perform GL maintenance activities within BOLO (e.g., opening and closing accounting periods, closing P&L annually, updates to hierarchy, etc.).
- Other duties assigned as needed.
Education and Experience: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform key responsibilities satisfactorily. The information below provides both required and desirable skills of ideal candidates.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related discipline is required.
- MBA is desirable.
- 5-7 years of experience in an oil and gas accounting department with progressive experience in various disciplines within an accounting department is required.
- Experience working in an accounting firm is desirable.
- Must understand the nature of financial reporting and the time sensitive nature of information provided in reporting packages.
- Ability to work with within the Accounting Department and with departments throughout the Company to ensure accuracy of information and proper reporting.
- Ability to work in the details yet step back to review the big picture.
- Detail oriented individual with the ability to think analytically and well as understand the scheduling of information, reporting and release of information.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to ensure proper documentation of information and control evidence.
- Vision and leadership to improve processes and make a difference.
Certificates and Licenses:
- CPA is highly desirable for this position.
- Other accounting-related credentials are desirable.