We are working with a Financial Services institution that has posted amazing growth in the over the last few years (3.5B to 18B+) with no signs of slowing down. This role is a great way to get your fit in the door. Surround yourself with executives from F100 bank and Big4 foundations and really jump start your career.
Senior Financial Controls Analyst 85-90k, 8% bonus and 5k LTI
- Strong Audit/SOX either 2+ years of Corporate Audit or Big 4 (second tier would also work)
- Exposure to Mortgage or Banking industry a plus
- CIA or CPA are a plus
What you'll do:
The Financial Control Senior Analyst will be responsible for the delivery of test work on financial internal controls in compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act and FDICIA.
The individual will evaluate the design and operational effectiveness of processes and internal controls for adherence.
The position will assist in identifying and assessing root causes of identified issues to strengthen and/or improve controls. This role reports to the Associate Director of Financial Control and will interact frequently with key stakeholders across the Company from the front line business operations, to support service groups and the technology department.
- Performs work under the direction of the Financial Control Manager which can include individual or multiple audit assignments and/or projects;
- Documents the ICOFR process throughout the Company by updating comprehensive risk and control matrices/audit programs for assigned process areas;
- Performs detailed test work on the ICOFR process including performing walk-throughs and tests of operating effectiveness on key controls;
- Maintains a current log of any observations and deficiencies noted throughout the annual ICOFR testing project, including their current remediation status;
- Maintains audit software to provide a well-documented and organized audit program and audit work papers;
- Follows up on the disposition of exceptions;
- Develops an understanding of the business and industry, organizational structure, and regulatory environment;
- Establishes and maintains relationships with the Company’s staff and management as well as external auditors through periodic and effective communication to facilitate proactive assessment of the Company’s risk profile.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills in order to work with all levels of management are required
- Must be effective at communicating issues through written reports, verbal discussions and presentations;
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills;
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or other relevant field required;
- Minimum two+ (2+) years of audit experience in the financial services industry and/or public accounting required;
- Prior experience focusing on testing ICOFR processes;
- Professional certification of Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accounting (CPA) or working towards one of those certifications;
- Detail-oriented and proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
- Working knowledge of internal control analyses and risk assessment methodologies, COSO framework, Institute of Internal Auditor (IIA) standards, FRB Supervisory Letter 13-11 standards, generally accepted accounting principles, and/or Sarbanes-Oxley Section 302/402 requirements;
- Ability to travel regionally up to 20%.