Lucas Group has partnered with our client in on their search for a Senior Financial Analyst. The company is a +$10B publicly traded company that has experienced signifiant growth in the past year and looking to expand their finance team. The role offers competitive salary and flexible working arrangements.
Scope of Responsibilities:
As a Senior Financial Analyst on the Services Finance team, you will have the opportunity to partner with the business and cross-functional teams to ensure that the organization’s spending is effective and efficient. This candidate will play a critical role in enhancing and furthering the SG&A spend process and technology. You will be expected to provide actionable business analytics and recommendations to management, from both a financial and a strategic lens. May perform business analytics, assistance in building the Annual Operating Plan & Strategic Plan, monthly forecasting, risk & opportunity planning, metrics & scorecards, and various ad-hoc analyses.
· Responsible for supporting actual and forecast spend reporting including analyzing monthly variances between actual results, current forecast, plan, and prior year.
· Serve as a business partner for the cross functional teams on accounting and finance related questions. This will involve the ability to assess business needs, resolve risks and opportunities in a timely manner, and clear communication of issues/business results to Management.
· Manage updates to the monthly forecast for brands based on spending changes. Work cross functionally with various teams to understand the changes and ensure accuracy. Actively communicate changes to business partners by providing specific, actionable, and forward-looking commentary on the various changes as well as guidance on potential risk.
· Contribute to month-end/quarter-end close activities to ensure completion of assigned tasks, including identification and resolution of issues utilizing our financial reporting system
· Lead the development of metrics, scorecards and reporting based new technology as well as communicate progress on metrics.
· Assist in developing management reports through functional knowledge of the following systems: BPC, Power BI, and Business Intelligence
· Participate and/or lead various finance wide projects.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
Minimum 3 years of professional general business and financial experience
· Proven ability to self-motivate in a fast-paced environment, ability to deal with ambiguity, change and a dynamic business environment.
· Proven ability to develop strong relationships and partnerships with internal customers, peers and effectively manage those relationships.
· Experience effectively working across multiple departments to complete a project or resolve an organizational challenge.
· Demonstrated critical thinking skills, including leveraging analytics, benchmarking, and insights to generate meaningful strategies and solutions
Chicago/Loop, remote options