* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Senior Facilities Director will work under the direction of the Community Director and is responsible for planning, managing, and monitoring all aspects of facilities maintenance and operations. The Facilities Director will lead the maintenance team by overseeing work orders, preventive maintenance programs, capital improvements, purchasing of supplies and repairs, and large contracts for property management. He/She will conduct regular maintenance assessments at each neighborhood, make periodic inspections of completed service requests, and ensure overall policy compliance. The Facilities Director must work closely with the Community Director and all team members to ensure company objectives are communicated and met. The Facility Director will perform any additional duties or tasks as assigned by the Community Director.
- Provide successful leadership techniques and guidance to all staff.
- Supervise, hire, evaluate, counsel, and when necessary terminate staff.
- Participate in the development and implementation of goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures;
- Monitor work activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Train or coordinate training in facility maintenance and safety methods, procedures, and techniques.
- Actively monitor open work orders to ensure timely completion and superb customer service is being achieved.
- Implement and monitor fleet maintenance program to protect company assets.
- Resolve resident issues when necessary to ensure quality customer service.
- General administrative work such as preparing letters, memorandums, and general correspondence, returning phone calls, coordinating meetings, scheduling training, etc.
- Record and maintain complex, confidential, or involved files, records, schedules, and spreadsheets related to Facilities projects, programs, renovations, and personnel issues
- Review weekly maintenance reports to ensure productivity, efficiency, and work load volume. Ensure monthly maintenance work order reports are accurate
- Maintain records of installation, maintenance and/or repair to ensure work is documented and on file.
- Establish Capital Repair and Replacement plans as established by the site with emphasis on cost control and proactive maintenance.
- Perform a variety of statistical and accounting duties and compiles data for preparation of monthly financial reports and/or periodic reports.
- Act as a liaison between suppliers, vendors, and contacts.
- Assist with procurement of goods & services. Research products and obtain competitive bids/cost estimates.
- Participate in the preparation and administration of the facility maintenance budget; submit budget recommendations; monitor expenditures; prepare cost estimates; submit justifications for equipment; monitor budget expenditures.
- Budget preparation while being able to present cost savings ideas.
- Must be knowledgeable of pertinent laws and applicable regulations including, but not limited to EPA and OSHA regulations.
- Must be aware of conditions throughout the property and immediately initiate action to correct unsafe conditions.
- Tracks all incidents and reporting related to work place injuries and residential property matters.
- Develop, organize, and track preventative maintenance and safety inspection programs for all facilities and equipment.
- Conduct inspections to ensure all maintenance policies and procedures are in place and are being followed as required.
- Monitor maintenance activities and procedures to ensure compliance with OSHA, federal, state, and local codes and regulations.