Lucas Group is working exclusively with a tech company that is seeking a Senior Counsel to join its legal team. While this company is still in growth-mode and has an innovative, start-up culture, it has already enjoyed tremendous success. It has earned over a billion in revenue, counts many Fortune500 companies among its hundreds of thousands of customers, and has won countless industry awards.
The individual in this Senior Counsel role will report directly to the Deputy General Counsel. A successful candidate will work closely with the Deputy General Counsel and the Legal Team on a wide variety of all legal issues, ranging from compliance, marketing and sales contracts, to privacy, employment, and intellectual property matters. The person will also advise on regulatory and legal aspects of business strategies and business development, including the drafting of policies, as requested by the General Counsel, Deputy General Counsel and business partners. The role will interact at all levels in the organization and is based in Atlanta, Georgia. While the person in this role will need to live in the Atlanta area and come into the office on a weekly basis, you would have flexibility to work remotely much of the time.
- Assist the Deputy General Counsel and General Counsel with other matters that may arise, including, but not limited to, policy drafting, advice, and research in connection with business objectives, marketing campaigns, privacy, and compliance matters.
- Assist with litigation matters, pre-lawsuit disputes, and employment matters that may arise in the Americas and worldwide.
- Work on global Procurement matters, contracts, and policy related to the same.
- Negotiate commercial contracts for North America, Latin America and South America and work with the regional legal team on legal aspects of sales bids.
- Oversee the work of several non-attorney direct reports.
- In-house legal experience in a Software (or broader Tech) business environment preferred.
- Broad experience in a variety of legal disciplines, such as corporate law, litigation, marketing and advertising, commercial contracts, employment law, intellectual property law, data privacy, and compliance.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, complex company where resources and customers are spread across many countries.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar in-house corporate legal environment preferably within software or the broader tech industry, and ideally at least 4 years of experience at a top law firm.
- A Juris Doctor from an accredited law school and good standing with a bar association is required.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar in-house corporate legal environment within the software or broader tech industry, and, preferably, at least 4 years of experience at a top law firm.
To learn more about this role please submit your resume in confidence.
Lucas Group and our clients provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.