Our client in Louisiana is looking for a strong Senior Cost Accountant as they grow their business. This is a new role and some relocation assistance is available.
Under the supervision of the Plant Controller, the Senior Cost Accountant will provide analysis of product manufacturing costs along with variance analysis to budget and forecast. This person will implement and audit inventory control processes and procedures, will assist in monthly and annual close, and the financial planning process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties and responsibilities performed and assigned to this position are as follows:
- Prepares and analyzes inventory valuations, cost of sales, and variances as required for both internal review and reporting purposes as well as for monthly financial close
- Supports quarterly process for setting standard costs; coordinates physical inventories and cycle counts
- Work closely with the operations organization, understanding supply chain process, manufacturing process and inventory control
- Follows inventory control policy and procedures for raw material, finished product, and storeroom supplies
- Performs monthly and quarterly reconciliation of balance sheet and income statement accounts in accordance with Account Reconciliation Policy to include inventory, mine development, chemical sales & cost of revenue, plant accruals, etc.
- Assist with monthly close, quarterly forecasts, annual close, and annual budget.
- Assist with month-end financial reporting responsibilities.
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
- Sound understanding of GAAP
- Excellent Excel spreadsheet skills
- Advanced experience with accounting software
- Well organized, with attention to detail and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work well with other departments.
- Ability to work both independently as well as on teams.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting-CPA preferred, not required
- 5++ years of manufacturing cost accounting experience