Our highly profitable and growing far Northwest client needs a strong Senior Accountant to grow with them. Good chance for promotion and excellent benefits make this a great opportunity
The senior accountant is responsible for the day to day accounting and record keeping activities of the parent company and subsidiaries. This position requires attention to detail, timeliness, cost effectiveness, and customer service while adhering to the standards set by the Company.
1. People/Team Relations
• Put people first - go above and beyond their expectations to satisfy their needs and provide the highest quality service.
• Always maintain a positive attitude and look for positive outcomes in all opportunities.
2. Personnel Establish and maintain positive employee relations, encourage teamwork among all companies within the organization. Proactively identify peers needs and respond to them on a timely basis. • Know disciplinary procedures and demonstrate the ability to coach and counsel effectively.
Appropriately delegate responsibility and authority.
• Maintain open channels of communication and be receptive to all companies within the organization.
• Write effectively and concisely.
• Convey oral messages clearly and succinctly.
4. Planning, Organization and Administration
Exhibit sound time management and organizational skills.
• Exhibit an ability to multitask without the attention to detail of assigned work being negatively affected.
• Maintain an organized and clean work station.
5. Employment Policies/Safe Work Environment
• Report all accidents immediately.
• Follow all company policies and procedures as outlined in the handbook.
6. Essential Job Functions
• Preparation of journal entries for multiple privately owned companies in a variety of industries.
• Preparation of monthly stand-alone and consolidated financial statements.
• Monthly account analysis to explain actual and budgeted variances.
• Preparation of monthly general ledger account reconciliations.
• Prepare and/or review bank account reconciliation.
Prepare sales and use tax returns.
• Review of payment support for multiple companies to ensure proper payments. Assist in account receivable, cash receipt and billing function.
Liaison with business management and operational personnel to improve business performance and increase internal controls.
7. Scope of Responsibility
• Knows the formal and informal company goals, standards, policies and procedures including familiarity of other companies within the organization.
8. Job Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• 4-6 years progressive accounting experience.
• Broad US GAAP knowledge.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Excel, Word, Outlook).
• Good communication skills using spoken and written words.
• Highly developed sense of urgency.
• Strong system skills and proven business improvement skills.
• Experience in a multi-entity setting.