Title: Senior Compensation and Benefits Analyst
Location: Medford, OR
Lucas Group Job ID: 1576352
Role Overview: Lucas Group Human Resources partnered with a nonprofit performing arts group in Oregon needing a strong Senior Compensation and Benefits team member. This new role will establish best practices, attract high-quality employees, and reduce turnover. Responsibilities include researching employee motives, implementing appealing rewards, and tailoring benefit programs based on staff needs. Good knowledge of labor legislation and familiarity with organizational psychology and employee engagement critical. Day to day employee benefits support is also needed. You will lead in assisting all departments with creating/updating all job descriptions and classifications.
This position is remote at this time, but the selected candidate will be expected to either move closer to the Oregon client and come on-site as needed. West Coast candidates preferred for this due to relocation preferences.
Qualifications | Skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic compensation and benefits management and of nonprofit HR, including budgeting and accounting, basic employment law, insurance, retirement, health and employee benefit plans, and payroll and personnel administration. Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills – characterized by the ability to listen, to speak, and to write well. Logical, analytical, accurate, and detailed oriented while at the same time able to demonstrate complex strategic perspectives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Design compensation packages and bonus programs that align with the company’s strategic plan as well as our mission and values
- Ensure salaries and benefits comply with the current legislation about human rights and pay equity
- Identify trends and implement new practices to engage and motivate employees
- Conduct research on employee satisfaction (e.g. using surveys and quantitative data)
- Keep track of day-to-day employee benefit needs and questions, and maintain all employee information in carrier’s systems as well as local HRIS
- Draft job descriptions, job analyses, and classifications
- Back-up payroll for weekly/bi-weekly payroll runs
- Structure compensation in ways that will yield the highest value for the organization
- Evaluate and report on the effectiveness of employee benefit programs
- Track compensation and benefits benchmarking data
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
A college degree in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, Finance, or other relevant fields
- Five years or more experience as a Compensation and Benefits Specialist or higher role
- Hands-on experience with HRIS or payroll software (UltiPro preferred)
- Knowledge of building compensation packages and bonus programs for various departments and seniority levels
- Experience in the non-profit industry strongly preferred
Since our founding nearly 50 years ago, Lucas Group has led and continuously transformed the executive recruiting industry by delivering transcendent executive talent to our corporate clients while helping individuals fully realize their career ambitions. Our collaborative culture attracts and rewards the industry’s top recruiters and, coupled with industry-leading methodologies, drives superior results.
We have unparalleled reach across major U.S. cities, job functions and industries, with divisions specializing in Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Military Transition, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain & Operations, as well as Contract Engineering.
From a one-man operation in 1970 in Atlanta, Lucas Group has grown to nearly 450 employees and our success is built on unmatched customer service and bottom-line results.
Our objective: To be a trusted consultant for all of your professional recruiting and placement needs.