Lucas Group has partnered with our client in on their search for a
Scope of Responsibilities:
Job Description: Their production facility is seeking to add a talented Sr. Buyer to its Non-Metals Procurement (Indirect) team. The purpose of this role is to manage the procurement strategies for assigned indirect categories of spend in effort to provide the best solutions at the lowest competitive price in order to meet the demands of the business. The strategies must ensure that the provided goods and services conform to all company requirements for quality, pricing, service and overall performance by the eligible suppliers, vendors and/or contractors. The person filling this role will create, execute and manage the strategies, along with supporting other sourcing projects aligned with the assigned categories. In addition, this role will negotiate procurement agreements for the assigned spend while conforming to the established Procurement Protocol and Contract Management process. The Procurement Team has a broad scope of responsibilities directly related to the vast categories of spend managed by the group (I.e. MRO, Chemicals, Paints, Oils & Lubricants, Packaging, Mobile Equipment Parts, Safety Supplies, Refractory, Electrical components, Mechanical components, Environmental, IT, Office Supplies, Specialty Parts, and Services, etc.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety programs, including taking personal ownership over daily actions that drive to a zero (0) incident culture; while participating in the safety initiative and volunteer a safety contact on the onset of any meeting.
- Live and champion the company core values; Safety, Integrity, Customer Focus, Ownership, Excellence, and Teamwork.
- Evaluate internal customer's request for purchases, solicit bids from external suppliers, compare and analyze based on customer's request, develop and propose solution to customer, initiate necessary changes and process by creating a Purchase Order.
- Perform day to day purchase activities including but not limited to processing requisitions, issuing purchase orders, obtaining vendor confirmations, verifying promise dates, and confirming product delivery.
- Contribute to the achievement of EBITDA, cost avoidance, and working capital improvement goals through effective supply management including source selection, pricing negotiations, contract implementation and compliance measurement.
- Establish and achieve cost reduction targets through effective supply management including market assessments, sourcing strategies, negotiation and contract management.
- Provide leadership, development and expertise to the role for the assigned responsibilities along with the professional manner of dealing with internal customers and suppliers, vendors & contractors.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with suppliers while performing supplier development and relationship management activities with critical suppliers.
- Negotiate with suppliers to insure competitive prices along with favorable terms and conditions to include favorable contract language, delivery terms, payment terms, etc. on behalf of the company.
- Work with key stakeholders to monitor contract compliance.
- Support the optimization of the entire purchase-to-pay (P2P) process from point of initial demand to payment of the supplier.
- Reduce the company's total cost of ownership through: Enforcement of and compliance with supply agreements, supplier relationship management and supplier performance reviews, active dialogue with operations and maintenance personnel to identify opportunities for improvement, to include pursuing savings by soliciting pricing bids/quotes/proposals, etc.
- Remain current with market trends through relationships with suppliers and market experts; identify and communicate new technologies and solutions to key problems in the assigned spend areas.
- Maintain a working knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, as well as any internal policies (e.g. code of ethics) or procedures to ensure that the behavior exhibited by the organization is with the highest level of integrity, honesty, and transparency.
- Collaborate effectively across different organizational levels, functions, businesses, and geographies to realize procurement goals and objectives.
- Review and monitor supplier, vendor, and contractor performance in efforts to proactively resolve issues before impact to the company, while ensuring the usage of best practice to enable a successful and efficient P2P process.
- Create, evaluate and report out on procurement metrics.
- Provide guidance to stakeholders regarding new supplier, vendor or contractor and lead the evaluation process to determine value and their eligibility.
- Develop and implement a Diversity strategy for assigned categories.
- Lead strategic sourcing projects involving cross-functional team members.
- Drive process improvements to improve overall supplier, vendor and contractor efficiencies and non-conformances.
- Conduct training for company personnel within Oracle I-Procurement, and actively participate in the training of new Buyers.
- Have the flexibility to support off-hour emergency’s when necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Purchasing, Operations, Business Administration or related field
- Experience purchasing/Procurement in a manufacturing environment or related work.
- Oracle experience or other ERP platforms
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS-Office Suite
- Autonomous: must function independently without the need for micro-management
- Organized: must keep copious records and effective file management
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Concepts and Technique
- Willingness to drive change and foster accountability throughout an organization
- Strong analytical skills; ability to quickly and effective analyze data and make sound decisions
- High energy with the ability to thrive in a fast paced, transformational work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as demonstrated through team facilitation, coaching others, management presentations, project deliverables and reporting.
- Ethical and professional behavior of a purchasing professional
- Travel up to 20% of the time to perform company business activities (I.e. supplier, vendor and/or contractor locations)
Title: Senior Buyer
Location: Lewisport, KY
Client Industry: Manufacturing
Lucas Group ID: