Our international client is a leader in their industry and their US operations are located in Southwest Houston. The Senior Financial Analyst/ Accountant will be responsible for supporting the Company’s objectives in general accounting, division level reporting, and tax-related reporting, including sales and property tax returns.
- Assist in preparing monthly financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and variance analyses.
- Maintain the general ledger, supporting books and records, and various schedules for multiple legal entities, including the preparation of journal entries, coding of invoices, account analyses and reconciliations, closing the books on a monthly basis, and establishing new accounts.
- Review of journal entries.
- Prepare account reconciliations for more complex accounts and review account reconciliations and related adjustments developed by less experienced team members.
- Assist the Accounting Manager in coordinating the month-end closing process for multiple companies.
- Develop strategies to expedite the month-end close process and meet deadlines.
- Review, research, and explain monthly variances.
- Support system implementations, business process re-engineering, and improvements in policies, procedures, and internal controls, as well as various special projects.
- Collaborate with the Accounting Manager in providing financial expertise to the Operations Team, in terms of the accounting treatment of transactions, management reporting, and variance analysis.
- Keep abreast of changing accounting practices and proactively assist in the development of new reporting strategies.
- Communicate financial information to supervisors, department managers, upper management, and employees from other divisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or other related areas.
- 4+ years of experience in accounting, finance, financial reporting, or other related areas.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles, as well as practical experience in general accounting, financial reporting, and account reconciliation.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics SL, or similar integrated ERP software.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills including pivot tables and V Lookups.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Prior experience working with a shared-services environment, supporting multiple locations and entities is preferred.