Senior Accountant - Operations
Our client, a publicly listed energy company and leader in their industry, is seeking a highly analytical Senior Accountant to join their Operational Accounting team! The Senior Accountant will be responsible for highly complex account reconciliations, month-end reporting and variance analysis. Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Excel as well as experience using Power BI, Excel Power Query, or similar tools.
- Complete complex account reconciliations; prepare and maintain supporting schedules
- Provide detailed analysis of financial statement trends
- Support internal and external audit requests
- Recommend and participate in process/system improvement initiatives
- Special projects and ad hoc reports as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 3+ years of relative accounting experience; a combination of public accounting and industry experience preferred.
- SAP experience required; Power User preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (VBA/Macros, Power Query, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP; lease accounting experience (ASC 842) highly preferred.
- 20% domestic travel required