Lucas Group has partnered with our client in on their search for a Senior Accountant. This position is part of the tight-knit accounting team for a established private company in the Houston area. This company has been in business for more than 100 years and offers strong career path with the opportunity to rotate into different areas and divisions under the corporate umbrella.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Assist in month-end close activities (journal entries, account reconciliations, etc.)
- Prepares periodic reports and financial statements.
- Identifies and understands key business drivers.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Leads audit process and reviews work papers.
- Develops an understanding of systems that impact financial information.
- Strong blend of accounting and financial analysis skills
- Construction and/or project accounting experience preferred
- Working knowledge of tax, treasury, audit, payroll, receivables/payables, and risk management preferred
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or related field required
- Master’s degree and/or CPA candidate preferred
- Three to five or more years accounting experience required
Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Remote/East Houston
Client Industry: Construction
Client Job ID: 1580244