Lucas Group is partnering with an organization in Golden to identify a Senior Accountant for a contract or contract to hire opportunity. This role will start as soon as possible for the right candidate.
This role will manage and support company financial and accounting operations, to include maintenance of a system of accounting records, a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, and ensure the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results. In addition, the Senior Accountant will manage and support numerous financial transactions, from AR and variable expenses, to bank deposits and reconciliation.
· Prepare core financial reports (balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows, AP/AR aging’s) on a recurring basis.
· Perform ad hoc financial reporting and analysis for internal and external stakeholders.
· Perform reconciliations (e.g., bank, GL) and resolve discrepancies.
· Monitor banking activities, ACH, positive pay and cash and LOC balances.
· Coordinate accounting and bookkeeping activities between staff members.
· Maintain payroll records for contingent, non-exempt employees.
· Tracking and reporting weekly employee timecards and processing payments.
· Review and submit recurring semi-monthly payroll reports, including regulatory compliance reporting by state/jurisdiction.
· Prepare reports (headcount, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for Management as needed.
· Ability to understand the interaction between the payroll and accounting functions.
· Support the Sales team to ensure seamless processing of bonuses and commission payments.
· Respond to employee inquiries, researches errors or omissions.
· Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
· Maintain financial security by designing, implementing and managing internal controls.
· Research and interpret accounting policy and regulations.
· Maintain customer confidence and safeguard confidential financial information.
· 3-5+ years solid experience with payroll processing and time keeping software (multi-state ideal)
· 5+ years’ work experience as an accountant performing routine transaction and reporting functions, fluency with general ledger functions.
· Knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
· Familiar with state and federal tax and wage laws.
· Experience using ThinkWare Darwin or Sage MAS 100 software preferred.
· Strong computer skills, specifically in MS Excel; proficient in data entry and time management.
· Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
· Organized and able to prioritize.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively within a small/midsize office environment in Golden, CO.
· BS in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree