The Lucas Group is searching for an experienced and talented Sales Director, Account Executive DoD to add as a key member of our client’s team in Tyson’s Corner, VA. Our client is the leader in digital intelligence and investigative analytics, partnering with public and private organizations to transform how they manage data in investigations to accelerate justice and ensure data security.
The Sales Director, Account Executive DoD will sell Digital Intelligence hardware and software products and solutions to various military agencies, including law enforcement and investigative divisions within the Department of Defense in the U.S. This is an independent contributor position (not a leadership role).
- Work with decision-makers and other stakeholders in Defense agencies, the focus of this role is to position and sell the Company's Digital Intelligence solutions across the defense marketplace.
- Plan, organize, lead sales growth, penetrate new and under-served accounts and maintain customer satisfaction on a long-term basis.
- Develop and maintain account plans and execute sales strategies aligned with the account plans.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and manage Federal procurement and contracting processes.
- Meet or exceed sales objectives. Build and maintain a pipeline of business opportunities.
- Submit accurate and detailed weekly sales forecasts to sales management.
- Provide quotes and present proposals to Federal customers and engage in face-to-face meetings with key prospects, customers, and partners every week.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the Company’s products, training offerings, competitive products, customer vertical industry, and have an in-depth understanding of customer goals.
- Help customers make future solutions decisions based on product roadmaps.
- Communicate a strong technical understanding of the Company's offerings and know when to engage assistance from pre-sales, engineering, marketing, and senior management.
- Drive sales engagement between System Integrators (as needed), the Company, and end-users within the Federal Government, while steering the teams to mutually beneficial customer successes.
- Develop, nurture and maintain relationships with each agency and System Integrators in the joint pursuit of selective business opportunities.
- Recommend new products and product modifications to assure customer satisfaction.
- Exemplify professionalism and work to become a trusted advisor to customers and partners.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 10+ years of on-quota outside sales experience in the defense market for a Technology/SaaS company is required, experience in the eDiscovery or security software space is preferred.
- Proven successful enterprise-sales track record and must be a solution selling evangelist.
- Demonstrated creativity and ingenuity in developing successful strategies for business growth.
- Ability to develop a strategic sales account plan in conjunction with the overall corporate strategic plan.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with all levels of the organization and with external contacts. Ability to create and deliver powerful and effective presentations.
- Exhibit desirable and appropriate professional behavior including leadership, sense of urgency, independent judgment, teamwork, ability to get along with others, creative thinking, and personal integrity to contribute to a cohesive, productive unit dedicated to the achievement of corporate goals.
- Interact with existing and/or new customers to increase sales of the Company’s products, solutions, and services to key Defense agencies.
- Develop strategic account plans to position the Company to meet sales objectives year over year.
- Maintain and generate new contacts within the territory to build a pipeline for sales.
This Sales Director, Account Executive DoD position requires professional and prudent communications working in a team environment with a diverse group of associates. If you like new challenges every day and are charged up by a fast-paced environment, this is an exciting opportunity for you.
Please email your resume to Amanda Cooper at the Lucas Group.