Lucas Group has partnered with our transportation industry client in Irvine, CA on their search for a Sales Account Manager. This company is a rapidly growing, tech startup which is transforming the $1.2 trillion logistics industry. We connect enterprise shippers, brokers, and carriers on an automated platform. We’re currently looking for fast, growth-minded individuals who want to help revolutionize the logistics industry and play an integral role in a thriving startup environment.
Educational & Work Requirements:
This position has lots of room for growth!
The Sales Account Manager is responsible for business development, actively managing and growing enterprise accounts, forging partnerships, and providing excellent customer service. The Sales Account Manager’s role is to understand and solve our customers’ real business needs by helping them realize our complete product solutions. Finally, but more importantly, provide feedback to further improve our technology through an active customer engagement process.
- Introduce both digital freight marketplace capacity and technology capabilities to generate new business opportunities.
- Actively manage and grow accounts in a unique territory as a Sales Account Manager. This will include a large, pre-existing customer base, and any new accounts generated.
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 3 years of experience in outside sales within a freight brokerage (inland), or transportation, 3PL, logistics, and supply chain industry
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Operations & Supply Chain Management preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to understand and interpret customer needs, and build relationships
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to leverage the existing network of prospective customers
- Self-motivated and comfortable working with little to no direction
- Technology-savvy and organized
- Understand each account’s resources, capacity, and profitability to assist Management in proper forecasting.
- Analyze and build a Key Account Manager Growth Chart to assess and track each account’s performance.
- Maintain activities on 100% account retention and identifying and increasing key relationships.
- Create a plan of internal protocol per account to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Collaborate with Operations, Marketing, and Product teams to maintain a healthy Net Promoter Score (NPS) and LifeTime Value (LTV) of each customer.
- Degree: Preferred
- Work Experience: 3 years
Title: Sales Account Manager
Location: Memphis TN
Client Industry: Transportation
Lucas Group ID: 1588328