Our client is a best in class company that has grown at 30-40% a year for the past 5 plus years. This growth has been through acquisition and has been organic as well. This organization is also poised for tremendous growth in 2020 and beyond. This company will continue to prosper regardless of any economic slowdown as they continue to be heavily acquisition oriented and they are very well capitalized. They also have a genuine and strong culture that is committed to their mission and values.
The Revenue Accountant is responsible for assisting with month-end and year-end close processes, including the analysis of accounts receivables, communicating with the carriers on the collection of outstanding receivables, and various other tasks related to the general ledger.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Assist with the monthly AR estimate process by reviewing commission history to reconcile payment and billing dates;
- Identify and troubleshoot potential billing challenges to assist in the timely and accurate collection of outstanding accounts receivables;
- Document payment cycles, billing cycles, and error reports in order to assist with revenue tracking and account maintenance;
- Prepare journal entries and make adjustments accordingly;
- Prepare bank reconciliations and other balance sheet reconciliations;
- Participate and report to external auditors, providing useful documentation for the yearly and periodic audits;
- Perform additional responsibilities assigned by management.
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements:
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or Business with emphasis in Accounting required;
- CPA preferred;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in accounting required;
- Experience with Dynamics GP;
- Expert level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel;