* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
The Reliability Engineer's role is to improve equipment reliability through technical support of the maintenance function and effective utilization of the preventive and predictive maintenance processes. Through analysis of equipment operation and historical performance, utilization of cross-functional teams, and application of technical skills, along with creativity and ingenuity, is responsible for the correction of problems causing repetitive failures. The Reliability Engineer is dedicated to the optimization of day-to-day asset reliability.
· Guides efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls, and safety/security systems
· Defines, designs, develops monitors and refines the preventive/predictive maintenance
· Coordinates these efforts with operations and maintenance management to ensure thorough understanding, approval, and endorsement by all parties
· Ensures that PM/PdM services and inspections are performed when due and that resultant corrective work returns the equipment to a maximum state of readiness and is performed in a timely fashion
· Works with Engineering to ensure the maintainability of new and modified installations
· Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met
· Demonstrates ability to effectively influence stakeholders on topics including but not limited to the selection of materials, equipment, project recommendations and spare parts
· Maintains reliability project records to ensure they are completed on time and at or under budget
· Supports Planners in development of maintenance procedures that are safety conscious, environmentally sound, technically appropriate and suitable for the intended audience
· Confers with engineers, technical assistants, and supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
· Participates in hands-on reviews of equipment and processes
· Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from an accredited college in Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline
· 5 - 7 years chemical process engineering and/or maintenance engineering experience
· Demonstrated ability in leading teams to accomplish goals and objectives
· Experience in PM/PdM and Root Cause Analysis techniques
· To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of maintenance software, spreadsheet software and word processing software.
· 25% travel may be required. Relocation assistance is available with this position.