* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Our client is a multi-billion dollar American manufacturer of household & personal care products such as specialty powders, laundry detergents, fabric care, specialty chemicals and more. With global reach and meaningful impact, they are committed to providing products consumers can count on, and currently looking for a problem-solving, critical thinking & keenly curious individual to take on the role of Reliability Engineer in their southern Kansas City MO location.
As a Reliability Engineer (RE), you will be in an important position that provides technical support focusing on improving the reliability of the plant’s packaging operations. You will implement continuous improvement methodologies, assist the Packaging Engineer with capital projects, and also lead smaller capital projects. Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, the RE will partner with the maintenance team to ensure that correct and timely PM is done on the correct equipment.
- Design and modify new products and equipment, support existing designs, improve production techniques, equipment and develop test procedures
- Support efficient operations of packaging lines by improving the reliability of packaging equipment
- Incorporate lean manufacturing principles (5S, key TPS elements, TPM, etc.) to recommend approaches to CI initiatives; integrate lean manufacturing disciplines in the engineering department
- Provide engineering information & support for operations and maintenance departments as needed; promote active leadership in the implementation of plant-wide lean manufacturing efforts
- Utilize root cause analysis techniques to solve issues
- Utilize failure mode and effects analysis to identify potential issues and set in place activities to mitigate the identified risks
- Lead cross-functional teams, addressing technical challenges to achieve objectives
- Assist the Packaging Engineer in the execution of Capital Projects to ensure project commitments are met (with regards to cost, schedule and performance)
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; Maintenance and Reliability experience in manufacturing preferred
- Minimum 2 years previous experience developing PM programs in high volume, multiple SKU, fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Solid understanding of OEE, OTIF, SMED improvement programs.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing principles including 5S, TPS, TPM, visual management, etc. with the ability to apply those principles in daily work
- Ability to apply RCA (fishbone, 5-why, quick kaizen, etc.) and FMEA methodologies to address failures both proactively (before they occur) and reactively (after they occur)
- Ability to lead kaizen teams in improvement and sustainment efforts
- Working knowledge of SAP Maintenance Module, AutoCAD and Precision Maintenance skills a plus. Ability to analyze data and make appropriate recommendations
Title: Reliability Engineer
Location: Harrisonville MO
Lucas Group Job ID: 1578487