Our client is seeking a manager to oversee the reinsurance accounting group and the preparation of its financial statements. This position reports to the Director. Our client is very profitable, growing (that's why the role is open), and has excellent benefits.
- Manage reinsurance reporting for assigned companies including direct supervision of two staff.
- Review and approve analysis and reports including treaty settlements/billings, profit commissions, etc.
- Review and approve journal entries for the general ledger and sub-ledgers.
- Approve financial documents in SharePoint.
- Manage intercompany payables and receivables
- Manage letters of credit and related funding requirements.
- Respond to inquiries from reinsurers, reinsurance brokers, auditors and issuing companies.
- Propose, and implement changes to business processes and systems.
- Manage the preparation of ad hoc reports for Senior Management, Auditors, Actuaries, and Accounting.
- Oversee timely collection of receivables and payables to reinsurers/brokers.
- Develop work plans, establish timelines, and set goals for assigned work unit.
- Assign resources as needed.
- Meet commitments on deadlines.
- Communicate team or group results to management and make appropriate recommendations.
- Prepare written and verbal presentations to convey information.
- Drive improvement in existing business processes and assist in the identification and implementation of new processes.
- Assist in development and is accountable for the budget for this work unit.
Business Controls and Policies
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Identify control objectives for designated function and implement cost-effective controls designed to meet those objectives.
- Test controls to determine if they are performing as intended.
• Has full HR responsibility for direct reports including making hiring decisions, training, coordinating work, establishing standards, reviewing work, conducting performance appraisals, and providing coaching or counseling.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience
- 6 years of relevant and progressive experience in Accounting and/or Finance that includes at least three years of exposure to reinsurance/insurance reporting.
- 3 years of leadership/management experience
Other desired skills / qualifications:
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates, and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company's business to proactively respond to changing business environment
- Advanced proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)